KB vs. Everyone

jaymancds

So Kyle Busch wrecked Chase Elliot. No doubting that, I think it was intentional just because he "missed" that hole by 2 to3 feet. Whats your thoughts?

He made a mistake . Had he stayed low ends up 26th or worse .
Chase had a good shot at winning , but as always , i shoulda or woulda ; don't count .

Didn't watch but it sounds like at the end he was down in no man's land getting freight trained and moved up pushing anyone who may have been there out of the way or spinning them out with contact to gain finish spots.

If that's what happened going by the first post is it "just racing" or "dirty driving" or last lap "screw everyone else and get your best spot".
Same with the Blaney thing with him finishing second. Car in back forced him into it figuring even if it generates carnage it's for a better spot.
Roll cages an all the safety things are no different then armor put on karts years back.
Safer probably so but it sure increases the beating and banging knowing odds of you being safe go up.

AND I didn't watch or see it yet but will go to check if there a video of it.

Maybe someone can post a url to the incident being talked about?

Kyle Bush doesn't miss it that much, Ya he had to get in but he knew what would happen to Chase when he did it.
My thoughts exactly, there was PLENTY of space back to harvick to get in line and race, but he knew that neither him or Denny had anything for that 9 car. It has happened before with him when he wrecked Dale Jr at Richmond in 2013. Dale blew by him, so kyle drove into the corner without touching the brakes and dumped dale. Kyle is a dirty racer, and ruined what up to that point had been a pretty spectacular race.

Plus make NO mistake he was hearing in his ear you gotta go the rain is here. I wouldn't go so far to say dirt driver, but I would saying willing to cross the line with plenty of talent to do so.

Didn't watch but it sounds like at the end he was down in no man's land getting freight trained and moved up pushing anyone who may have been there out of the way or spinning them out with contact to gain finish spots.

If that's what happened going by the first post is it "just racing" or "dirty driving" or last lap "screw everyone else and get your best spot".
Same with the Blaney thing with him finishing second. Car in back forced him into it figuring even if it generates carnage it's for a better spot.
Roll cages an all the safety things are no different then armor put on karts years back.
Safer probably so but it sure increases the beating and banging knowing odds of you being safe go up.

AND I didn't watch or see it yet but will go to check if there a video of it.

Maybe someone can post a url to the incident being talked about?

"I didnt watch it, BUT....here's what happened"

Plus make NO mistake he was hearing in his ear you gotta go the rain is here. I wouldn't go so far to say dirt driver, but I would saying willing to cross the line with plenty of talent to do so.
It just seems to me he either wins by a mile, or wrecks somebody, and sometimes both.

However, props to him for finally owning that he wrecked a dude. He basically had to though considering he just... turned right.

"I didnt watch it, BUT....here's what happened"

What you quoted is not what I said or even near it.

Without seeing it and going by the first post only I was 100% accurate except for not knowing he would not be freight trained and there was space for him to move up cleanly.

But per reports by others after he chose to not move up cleanly.
Not a dirty driver but a driver who does not fear repercussions from NASCAR because NASCAR for what ever reason lets him get away with what others do not get away with.

Easy to drive dirty when NASCAR will find no fault with your dirty driving.

How is it dirty driving? Especially if you didn't watch it.

I don't like KB anymore then the next guy, but it was a mistake plain and simple. Estimated Elliot's travel speed to be greater then it actually was, and tried to cut up while watching Harvick's closing rate in the mirror. Didn't work out.

Ever merged over while looking in the mirror on the highway, and suddenly you are right on top of the car in front of you? Same deal.

Nothing to be gained by slamming in to his LR and turning him. Put a ton of damage on the RF of the car, and had it gone back green, it would have killed his chances.

Nothing dirty about, I don't get this idea that NASCAR "lets him get away with it". People get this idea that because they are so talented, mistakes are impossible. Jimmie Johnson is the greatest driver of our generation, and he drove into the LR of a lap car and wrecked himself on the last lap of the stage....mistakes happen.

Earnhardt wrecked everyone and their brother to win, he's a hero. Kyle Busch accidently turns Chase Elliot and he's a hack. Doesn't make any sense.

How is it dirty driving? Especially if you didn't watch it.

I don't like KB anymore then the next guy, but it was a mistake plain and simple. Estimated Elliot's travel speed to be greater then it actually was, and tried to cut up while watching Harvick's closing rate in the mirror. Didn't work out.

Ever merged over while looking in the mirror on the highway, and suddenly you are right on top of the car in front of you? Same deal.

Nothing to be gained by slamming in to his LR and turning him. Put a ton of damage on the RF of the car, and had it gone back green, it would have killed his chances.

Nothing dirty about, I don't get this idea that NASCAR "lets him get away with it". People get this idea that because they are so talented, mistakes are impossible. Jimmie Johnson is the greatest driver of our generation, and he drove into the LR of a lap car and wrecked himself on the last lap of the stage....mistakes happen.

Earnhardt wrecked everyone and their brother to win, he's a hero. Kyle Busch accidently turns Chase Elliot and he's a hack. Doesn't make any sense.
Earnhardt is regarded as a hero because he won 7 championships, and was arguably the greatest driver to ever get into a Nascar. If he wasn't fast he would've had the same opinion that we have about Stenhouse. And I wasn't alive for most of his career so I can't talk about his early days. That was also a time when guys did work on their own cars. In today's world neither of the drivers will be fixing those cars. I hate it for the 30 or 40 guys that work on the cars just for them to get destroyed by "a mistake".

Kyle has a history of wrecking other drivers, especially after they prove theyre faster than he is, he did it in the trucks and Xfin series several times. I'm not saying that he's a phenomenal wheel man, but that just seemed to blatant to me.

I do like Chase, he is a good kid and clearly talented. He just needs to get a bit more intimidating. No one is afraid to wreck him.

I don't like KB anymore then the next guy, but it was a mistake plain and simple.

He's a professional race car driver at the top of the food chain and I think multi time champion.

It was no mistake totally intentional but done with all the skill of a multi time champion, top of the food chain professional race car driver.

NO. period.

I to was a professional driver and needed to be able to drive to make a living for my family.

Never caused nor was in an accident in 59 years of driving probably 30,000 miles a year.
And no I'm not a slow driver and if tracked by Allstate would not qualify for a discount.

Got a few speeding tickets though. Three in total.
You see I was a professional driver and was aware of my situation at all time.
No different then the dirty driver Kyle Busch was at the time he took out the car.

When your on the track your under total of what your racing and everything is totally your fault.
Did he apologize for screwing up and making a mistake?
answer without looking for an answer: NO because he made no mistake, it was totally intentional.

If you do stuff like that and rt's a mistake your not a very good driver because there easy to avoid.
You should have been in one of my Defensive Driving classes and you would be much less likely to do things like that.
Not having accidents and taking other drivers out is avoiding the obvious.
In Kyle Busch's case he chose not to avoid the obvious because doing so was to his advantage.

The only reason he can get away with it is because NASCAR lets him get away with it.

I think Kyle Busch knows how he was very successful in two ways.
1. He got ahead of the car and made both more money and points.
2. Next time the same racer knows they can over take him clean they will think twice about it because they know Kyle Busch if it's needed for points and money at that time in the race will drive dirty and take them out.

No fear Kyle.
No fear of NASCAR

Last edited:
Ok watched it.

Considering his skill and championships, totally intentional. period

So with that being said, did you just watch the Xfinity race?

KB could have easily wrecked the guy for the win, but he didn’t...so why would he wreck Elliot for 2nd, and not Briscoe for the win?

So with that being said, did you just watch the Xfinity race?

KB could have easily wrecked the guy for the win, but he didn’t...so why would he wreck Elliot for 2nd, and not Briscoe for the win?

I don't know you would have to ask him why do it in the cup race but not in the lower bush league race.
Probably because it didn't pay as well and wasn't for cup points.
No I didn't see it either, should I look at it?
I'll take your word for it he chose not to wreck an Xfinity race driver for a win.
Must not have been important enough, why else would he not do it given his history?
You tell me please.

I find it hard to believe he doesn't have the talent to not wreck the car.
You must doubt his talent. ... :)

Back