Kid kart at Motorama

Yachtjim

We are going to Motorama this year to race Kid Kart and Quarter Midgets. My kid's kid kart is a sprint chassis and is set up balanced left to right for use on sprint tracks. I am not sure how high the competition is at Motorama among the kids. I am debating whether I should put an oval setup on his kart, or just leave alone.

I have scales, and I have some bigger tires to put on the right side. I can also adjust the height of his spindles with washers.

So..... What do you experienced folks say? Leave it as is or take a guess at an oval setup? If I try an oval setup what cross weight would you say I should shoot for?

995761_658285200852332_144145010_n.jpg

No syrup. You will want to set it up oval for sure. Those kids zip around that little track pretty good. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who runs the kid karts so I can't help you on the numbers.

left 60% to start may go as high as 63%
cross 52%
Rear 55%
rf camber -3 to -3.5
lf camber 0 to +.5
rf toe 0
Lf toe 3/32
seat as low as possible
caster rolled all the way out
1 1/2" front stagger
1 5/8" rear stagger
Youll need thin and hard ss33a and medium thick to thin b55a, and the left rear should be super super thin!
try 1 inch stagger on front 2 inch on rear

left 60% to start may go as high as 63%
cross 52%
Rear 55%
rf camber -3 to -3.5
lf camber 0 to +.5
rf toe 0
Lf toe 3/32
seat as low as possible
caster rolled all the way out
1 1/2" front stagger
1 5/8" rear stagger
Youll need thin and hard ss33a and medium thick to thin b55a, and the left rear should be super super thin!
try 1 inch stagger on front 2 inch on rear

You couldn't even get those numbers in a kid kart if you tried...

Stones, Burris, Dunlop....they all work at motorama

You mentioned running Kid Karts & Quarter Mig's. I do believe BUT might be mistaken, that the Kid Karts are run with the flat & champ karts And the Quarter Mig's are run in a different building/Area. It might be hard being two places at once.

I talked to the kart promoter. He said he'd work with me on timing. There are so many classes running at both venues that I think we'll be ok. The quarter midget will require some adjustments, but there really isn't much to do to his kart between sessions. We'll just leave it over at the kart venue and show up when told to race. I'll play around with it this weekend and see what kind of oval adjustments I can get into this thing and report back. I don't think the chassis is ideal, but this is just a one time thing.

Back