Kid kart/baby champ rules

Graphicalguru

I have looked everywhere for some type of rule book for the kid kart class. I am local to Stateline Speedway in Lawsonville,NC. I have been looking for a baby champ for my 5 year old son so he can race when I am not racing our dirt late model. I see 5 year olds on full size flat karts. I dont want to buy something that he can't run. Can someone point me to some kind of rules or give me a general idea of what is going on? I like staying within rules. We do it on our car, going to have to do it also on the kart.
Thanks in advance!

Can't help you with the rules, but the small champ kart is called a Junior Sportsman Champ (NOT a Junior champ, which is the same kart as a Senior Champ, with different engine and weight rules). Knowing that will help as you search local track rules. Good luck in your endeavor.

Can't help you with the rules, but the small champ kart is called a Junior Sportsman Champ (NOT a Junior champ, which is the same kart as a Senior Champ, with different engine and weight rules). Knowing that will help as you search local track rules. Good luck in your endeavor.
There is a baby champ, and its smaller than a sportsman champ. Titan made about 10 of them.

As well, Rage made ~50 baby champs. We have a class of them here in the midwest (Kankakee, IL.) They run a fairly stock WKA Subaru engine. Complete turn-key chassiss can be found for around $1000. There are very few places in the country that still run the baby champ class - most have gone to the jr sportsman champ chassis and created a class for younger drivers (rookie, jr1, etc.)

Kid karts, on the other hand, are shorter wheelbase non-offset flat karts. They typically run the Comer C50/51 engine or the JRLO206 with 4100 rev limiter.
Again, rare to find a good field of them on ovals - most parents prefer to purchase an adult chassis and fit it up for their jr driver.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There is a baby champ, and its smaller than a sportsman champ. Titan made about 10 of them.
A certain company out of Randleman NC made several baby champs, and some offset kids karts, the champs were received, but the offset kids karts got a bunch of crying lol

Thanks for the heads up; in 20 years around karting, I've never seen or heard of a baby champ before!
Yep they were a fairly strong class here in the nw Indiana area and to an extent, still are. Both my boys cut their teeth with one and I recently sold it to another father for his daughter to learn on. They fetch a pretty decent amount being that they are hard to come by nowadays.

Back