Kid kart class vs JR 1 karts

Added a picture to show our kart vs the rest of the pack.

You brought a knife to a gun fight..
They let you race you kid kart as a courtesy to you, you rock the boat, they may change and say when more kid karts show up you can race.
You're miss understanding, those are full size karts that those kids can grow and move up all the way to the adult classes with, the only difference in all of them is the plates in the engines.
Did you do any research before you bought the kart?
My guess is no.
This is why it's so important to research and travel to the tracks you are going to race before you ever buy a kart.
You bought the wrong kart, and the track doesn't have to let you race at all, the minimum weight is a rule for all karts, so yours has to weigh that minimum

Xxx#40 your correct on one thing. Bought kart from a friend in town who raced at 4 tracks around us. Didn’t know till after purchase they all closed.

But from what research I have done a kid kart class is 5-8 year olds with a rookie plate or small cc motor.

They are not accommodating me as the class was already in the line up before we started But seems like they are running a “kid kart” as a JR1 rookie class more then a true kid kart class. Which I’m fine running them but if they are running the correct plates - Motors and mufflers to make it a fair playing field. Running a kid kart with a comer 50cc at 169lbs. Vs a JR1 kart with a 196cc and green or blue plate and normal muffler. Don’t see how that is one fair or safe. But if they say no and either run or leave. I’ll make my decision then.

Like I said I’m game for running in there class but not into running against JR1 karts with a purple or blue plate. How is it safe to let a youngster run a class with a kart that is set up to run in the TRUE JR1 class with a bunch of other kids that are completely new to the sport.

Like I said just looking for input on how to approach the track with true facts and inform them. When I asked about motor plates and engine sizes the first time they where clueless asked a dad with a kid running in kid kart in a JR1 kart and 10 years old. Told track officials it’s same range of power and speed due to their green plate. I later found out that is in true and now want to fix this issue. Plus any other families that show up with a true kid kart would be more comfortable to know it’s a class with little guys and slower karts.

My biggest question would be WHY are they allowing multiple plates to be used, If there mixing them but treating as same class they should all be on same rule. Then second would be WHY such a low Min weight for full size chassis. Sounds like there just treating the class like a participation class NOT competition.
Plus remember a true Kids Kart class is a participation class.

It’s a new track and they are getting all the jr karts to run the same plates. But every month seems like they all don’t know which one is the right color. But from what I have researched there should be a JR1 jr2 & junior 3 class. They group them all together. Running 12 to 16 karts in a feature. Restarts are a choir and hard to watch. 20 laps. Takes a LONG time and kid karts are after them. So it’s always a late night. For my little guy. ?

It your choice to race your son..
Kid kart classes are for 5/6 yr old on dirt.
They are probably mixing them because 1class doesn't have enough to warrant another class.
I for one wouldn't be running a kid kart against full size.
You bought a kart there isn't a class for at that track, either sell the kart and buy the correct one, or find another track.
It's not the tracks fault you didn't make a trip to the tracks before purchasing

Hmmm , Bashing someone isn't the way to keep them interested in the sport , or helping figure out what they should do .
It is my understanding , that they are putting all the " Never raced before " Jrs. in 1 group regardless of the engine on the kart , then they also have true Jr. classes racing as well ? Is this correct ?
Anytime they mix age groups per Jr classes , IMO , they should never mix more than 2 plate sizes , its to dangerous .
They should always be scored separately , so the track needs enough scorers to do this .
Running your comer against same age red plates should not be a huge problem , but putting them with green , purple and blue plates is a problem just waiting to explode into hurting a kid .
I would get with the parents of the other racers and discuss your point of view and see if they agree with your concerns , and then as a group , bring it to the attention of the track promoter . If they do not want to fix the issue , or don't want to listen to your concerns , I would find another track . JMO

Other reason I wanted to stay with comer for a couple years. Have a four year old that will out due big bro when ever he can. So I am waiting to get him in a similar kart so they could race each other but also help each other as well.
Jmho , I did that with son and daughter they would crash each other out just to beat one another . Not so good.
Reminds me when we moto cross raced they had a 50 class and an 80 .
We had a 65 cc bike so not to cheat put him in the 80cc class. I knew immediately after start of the race I was in big trouble. Way out classed , bigger bikes older kids everything. Luckily he got out unscathed . We loaded up an went home.
. Your money ahead to get a full size chassis an a clone engine.

Jmho , I did that with son and daughter they would crash each other out just to beat one another . Not so good.
Reminds me when we moto cross raced they had a 50 class and an 80 .
We had a 65 cc bike so not to cheat put him in the 80cc class. I knew immediately after start of the race I was in big trouble. Way out classed , bigger bikes older kids everything. Luckily he got out unscathed . We loaded up an went home.
As in spelling as it is . Your money ahead to get a full size chassis an a clone engine.

Exactly, the track shouldn't have to change rules because someone didn't do the correct thing before diving in head first, that not much of a friend to sell you a kart you can't use.
And it's not bashing, it's making him be accountable for his actions, and not penalize ever other kid and parent because they done the correct thing

GClary. Thanks for the support.

I guess my main question that got missed by XXX#40. Is that in a kid kart or rookie JR1 class. They should be running a red plate no? So if they are running a green then it’s not truly a rookie class??

Just don’t see how a kart in rookie can be lapping whole field with a kart that’s on a red plate. But if the driver and kart are dialed in. It could happen. (It was kids 6th time behind the wheel of a kart. 3rd time in this particular kart).

And again I know knife at gun fight. Should of checked tracks. Bought wrong kart thanks for a negative response.

Was asking what I thought was a simple question.

Talked to a JR1 racer today and they have all agreed last month on running green in their true JR1 class. As far as the rookie class he was unsure but thinks they are running green as well.

To even field for your son to compete yes you need to find a red plate class. Does your comer have a pill in it ?

Again I thought I was asking a simple question. But maybe I missed asked or got off track with it.

I wanted to know in a rookie or kid kart class. So not 2 to 4 stroke. As most I under now score them differently. This track doesn’t. As we are last 2 races only 2 cycle. Again XXX#40. Not looking to change just for me. Would be nice to increase numbers if they can run a class to support all. And if not will lose participation.

Do they typically run a green or a red plate?

XXX#40 thanks for the negative feedback and response. I was looking to see what most tracks run.

I found out talking to Luther racers there was a group of 3 2 cycles at this track last year at the beginning of the year. But most from 2.5 hours north. They didn’t care for the organization at track. Newer track figuring things out. Great one to learn at because they are too

Asked a fellow JR1 racer today and I guess at beginning of the year they decided on a green plate for the true full JR1 classs.

With that being said I would think the rookie is a red. But can’t assume.

I guess my main question that got missed by XXX#40. Is that in a kid kart or rookie JR1 class. They should be running a red plate no? So if they are running a green then it’s not truly a rookie class??

Just don’t see how a kart in rookie can be lapping whole field with a kart that’s on a red plate. But if the driver and kart are dialed in. It could happen. (It was kids 6th time behind the wheel of a kart. 3rd time in this particular kart).

And again I know knife at gun fight. Should of checked tracks. Bought wrong kart thanks for a negative response.

Was asking what I thought was a simple question.

Talked to a JR1 racer today and they have all agreed last month on running green in their true JR1 class. As far as the rookie class he was unsure but thinks they are running green as well.

I'm confused I take it like you stated earlier that there using all different color plates even Blue in the Rookie Jr 1 class ? OR is that only the other JR 1 class ? And is there 16 entries in the ROOKIE class ?

Rookie = Red plate, at least here in the southeast. Rookie red plate rules down here are pretty much the following:

Age 5-7
Red plate clone built to NKA rules
Max RR tire circumference 34.5"
Gear rule for all karts (most around here are 17/65 or 17/69, some are different though)

It's not uncommon for kids that can wheel and drive smooth to maximize momentum will flat destroy the field. My son is 5 and figuring things out. When we race with the fast guys down here he gets flat whupped and we are on decent equpiment. Also, tires and setup in this class are important for making good speed. These karts have to roll super free to make speed.

Back