Kid Kart motor mount for HF 2.5HP motor???

insidegroove

I bought a kid kart for my daughter and was going to put one of the $89 2.5HP Harbor Freight motors on it but the motor mount plate welded onto the frame is too small for the motor. someone told me there is an adapter out there for bolting the HF motor to the existing mount plate but i can't seem to find it anywhere. does anyone know if one exists and where i can find it?
thank you

Faster Motors sales a mount for a 206 that bolts to kid kart plate but I don't know if that will work.

Not a big deal to make one . A piece of 1/2'' aluminum plate. Drill thru holes to mount to the engine, and drill and tap the plate to mount to your chassis.

Mine came with an adapter plate in the box from HF. I put one on a yard cart for grand kids. If yours had been opened they prolly still have it or can get one for you.

I made a flat aluminum one myself but had trouble with air filter clearance with the rear wheel , some people cut the stock metal mount off the frame and clean the frame up with a grinder and use a two piece angle mount which works great .

Back