Kid kart scaling

Jimsrepair2006

Just getting my son into karting. Bought what we were told is to be a top kart with a comer engine. We will be racing dirt and am looking if someone would be willing to help with some starting point on scaling numbers or anything else to check to get the kart close before I send him out. He has some experience with rental karts at the track and I get seat time is what he needs but would also like to make sure I’m sending him out with a properly handling kart. Thanks in advance

We will be racing in a kid kart starter division. There really are no real guidelines or specs that need to be followed fromwhat both tracks have told me because it’s just a starter class. 1/8 mile semi banked tracks. Like I said not looking for anything to go out and blow people away right away just looking for some basic numbers to make sure the kart will handle somewhat properly for him

Aren't kid karts all straight rails.
I would want 50/50 left/right and maybe a little more left
front and rear same thing. with more front 2-3 % .
stagger would be my concern.
Heck I could be way off base too.

That is the kart we started my grandson on with 79cc pred. 51%rear,50 left ,50 cross 1'' stagger is the best i could do with no lead.I added some lead to get the l/s up but I thought it was faster with no lead.I cut the front mounts off and rewelded them at 6degees caster 2 camber r/f ,4degees caster +.750 camber l/f 1/8 toe out

Back