Kid Kart Setup

tempest04

So I have been out of the racing scene for some time now. My son has been begging me to get him involved and I still have a trailer full of stuff.

He is 6 years old, we are going to run local weekend races and nothing big for right now.

I was told it would be best to start him in red plate predator class from visiting the track here recently. Is this correct?

We will be racing in Southeast GA and West Alabama... Any information and where I can get a motor and so on will be beneficial.

My biggest concern is that I have an 06 Millenium Tempest that I was thinking of starting him off in. It is currently set up for an adult with a Box stock motor on it. Would this be easy and cost effective to get him started and to see if he likes racing?

I know I would need JR seat, JR body possibly, pedal extenders and pedal blocks... What brand or where should I start looking to get these? I am unsure of the seat size as well . Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Would it be better just buy a newer chassis that is already set up for his age group?

Thanks

Building and trying stuff is half the fun for me. Order what you need to make it work, make sure he's going to stick with it before dropping anything more than you have to. You could in all honesty put a red plate on the clone and go race the predators the first couple nights to see if he's going to like it. Unless he waxes them i doubt anyone is going to say anything.

Building and trying stuff is half the fun for me. Order what you need to make it work, make sure he's going to stick with it before dropping anything more than you have to. You could in all honesty put a red plate on the clone and go race the predators the first couple nights to see if he's going to like it. Unless he waxes them i doubt anyone is going to say anything.

Thanks for the information. I have just never dabbled in the kids stuff other than scaling, camber and doing tire work back in the day for kids that use to race with us.

Do you know if the pedal extenders and blocks are interchangeable for most karts? I just hate to buy something and it not work or be the wrong thing and not be useful

Definitely go for it.
My son started on a 06 millennium Won more races on it than we did when I bought him a new kart. Very good kart to start him in. I was looking for the notes on it and I don't have that book anymore.
I am sure that some one on here will have numbers and setup for your area.

Definitely go for it.
My son started on a 06 millennium Won more races on it than we did when I bought him a new kart. Very good kart to start him in. I was looking for the notes on it and I don't have that book anymore.
I am sure that some one on here will have numbers and setup for your area.

Sounds great. I was going to try and pull my old notes for Adult class and start there. Thank you!!

Yes they mount on the blocks but make sure when you get the rods to give you room to bend properly
I'm new to the site and looking around. My 8 year old recently started racing and this is what i used for him and they work great. I mounted them then measured and bought new rods.

Back