Kid kart setup

Clamanna32

I have a birel kid kart and we are running pavement oval. I want to start scaleing the kart. I just bought scales so I am new at this and using them. If there is any info on percentages and how to get them I would greatly apperciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance.

Clamanna32 my son has raced a Birel in the Kid Kart class for 3 year and now he is driving a Birel in Jr 1. We run on a road course, with lots of sweeping turns and some tight turns depending on the track set up for that week. I have found that if you use the baseline set up on the Birel 25 (kid kart). And you can push it with the driver in it with full gear and minimum track weight, on a straight road, and the kart does not go left or right. (You might have to adjust the tie rods) I know it is not technical, but it fun for the kid and it works. That should give you a good starting point. Also go to the Birel America web site. Once your driver is consistent on time, (Tenth of Seconds), then you should start on working on the stagger for the oval track. Ask him what the kart is doing....He might come back and say "It's Drifting" or "It just wants to turn left". Or like my son "It’s perfect Dad, I'm off the track, can I go play now". But get some feedback, and let him and you learn the lingo of track talk. It is a great family bonding weekend and enjoy. Leading the pack will come in time.

Back