Kidney Stones

Welcome to the club Chuck. I've had 21 of the little darlings,, some more enjoyable than others !

WP

I have had stones 4 times. Last time was in West Africa on an oil platform. Luckily, there was an Israeli hospital on the island we had our base on. I have never been in so much pain.

I'm a stone donor. Have permanent stents to help them flow better. Pass probably 30-40 a year and my largest was 11mm last year. Good pain meds, flowmax & lots of water (2+gallons a day) have kept me out of surgery for the last 7 years. I've had multiple litho & laser surgeries since I was 19 fun fun.

About 2-2 1/2 years ago I had an 8mm stone according to the hospital. I got an Rx for Flowmax and some pain killers and prepared to pass the stone which I was told would hurt at a level as close to child berthing as any male would ever experience. I got on the internet and found some brew for olive oil and lemon and I took it multiple times according to the article. The long story made short is, I never had any pain whatsoever when passing the stone. I realize this is highly uncommon and so I can only attribute my good fortune to the lemon olive oil drink. Since that time I have had acquaintances who had problems with stones and they were told to drink lemon water, and accordingly, I drink 1-2 glasses of freshly squeezed lemon in tap water every single day. I still eat a lot of protein ( a possible culprit) but I try to drink lots of water every day and I have cut back on red meat some. I now drink very little soda pop. So far so good. I wish you the best! CMac

I now have a shot of lemon and olive oil once a week,had my first stone few months ago,thought I was dying ,hospital said stones and was only 4mm one,so far haven’t had anymore,I’ll keep drinking the shots and vodka and cranberry juice

Head out to a Vitamin Shoppe store and pick up a bottle of Natures Sunshine Hydrangea (Yeah like the bush). Also a product by Planetary Herbals called Stone Free. Both products help IMMENSELY. Been there, Done that more times than I care to count.

Cant imagine going days. Had one for a couple hours while waiting at the Hospital. Never felt any pain like it. When nurse told me they were Kidney Stones I told her I thought that was a mistake as the pain was much too bad. She went on to tell me she had two children and one kidney stone, said she would have two more kids before another kidney stone if it was up to her. That convinced me she may be right about me.

Back