Kids need to be using Racievers

All of these are valid reasons but they must do something because they sped up the track I race at and almost every dirt car track uses them so they must work for something and you guys don't see why they work. I mean there has to be a reason almost every dirt track uses them.

They have a use as a tool .
Radio communication can be spoty or just plain poor .
Constant chatter or open mic would negate the benifit .
As would not paying attention or understanding .
If they provide some benifit thats a plus .
Nothing will be a end all problems cure .

As someone who has been the speaker on the radio for multiple years, it is a useless cause, especially with kids.

They don’t listen to them, period. Caution, lining up, move over, doesn’t matter.

Never used one. Never had to have anyone explain things to me either while on track. Kid classes are going to be long 99% of the time because parents teach there kids how to race and throw caution to the wind. There needs to be more emphasis on safety and watching signals. I'm lucky the track I usually run at has old street lights that they can throw yellow or red on and you see those suckers going down both straights. Unfortunately though finding a good flagman is another issue. We had one that was tough and what a lot of people considered unforgiving but that's what it takes. Black flags and good communication between track workers is key to begin with and if you don't have that I don't see the raceivers being much help.

All of these are valid reasons but they must do something because they sped up the track I race at and almost every dirt car track uses them so they must work for something and you guys don't see why they work. I mean there has to be a reason almost every dirt track uses them.
Whta ndo you mean by almost every track? Where? Not here in the South.

Whta ndo you mean by almost every track? Where? Not here in the South.
Where in the south? Every dirt car track that I've raced at in the south has used them, or the series that ran there provided them.
That's not to say that every track uses them, but they certainly are much more prevalent @ car tracks than kart tracks.

The Raceceivers, just like flags and lights, are a valuable tool when they are used correctly. Of course they can also be misused or ignored...and for each there should be consequences.

Well in the Carolinas most local tracks do not use them at all. i would say at least 9 out of 10 at least. Same for other places like TN and I haven't seen them used in FL or VA either. Maybe they have used them at some big shows, but not for local racing, and I stll think they are useless for karting. Just one more way to make racing for expensive instead of promoting the sport for everyone and let it grow.

Where in the south? Every dirt car track that I've raced at in the south has used them, or the series that ran there provided them.
That's not to say that every track uses them, but they certainly are much more prevalent @ car tracks than kart tracks.

The Raceceivers, just like flags and lights, are a valuable tool when they are used correctly. Of course they can also be misused or ignored...and for each there should be consequences.
We are talking kart tracks Brian, you know that.
Yes all big car tracks use them, all the tracks in the south that we run with Lucas oil and Valvoline iron man use them.
For kart tracks no one in a 3 hour radius of us use them, and where I have been they used them, it didn't immediately slow the drivers, and it still takes a track worker to go out and line them up, so IMO just another cost that doesn't really work

We are talking kart tracks Brian, you know that.
Yes all big car tracks use them, all the tracks in the south that we run with Lucas oil and Valvoline iron man use them.
For kart tracks no one in a 3 hour radius of us use them, and where I have been they used them, it didn't immediately slow the drivers, and it still takes a track worker to go out and line them up, so IMO just another cost that doesn't really work
Several times dirt car tracks were mentioned, Jamie -- My response to rainman was in regards to his questioning MO Predator Racer's quote "almost every dirt car track uses them"

I think it's pretty safe to assume that if street stock racers can afford raceceivers, then kart racers can't use the excuse of "added expense." Consider too that many kart racers currently pay entry fees and parking passes as high as purchasing a raceceiver to use and resell if they don't like it.

Well in the Carolinas most local tracks do not use them at all. i would say at least 9 out of 10 at least. Same for other places like TN and I haven't seen them used in FL or VA either. Maybe they have used them at some big shows, but not for local racing, and I stll think they are useless for karting. Just one more way to make racing for expensive instead of promoting the sport for everyone and let it grow.
MO Predator Racer specifically said "almost every dirt car track uses them" in the reply that you quoted.
That's what I was referring to -- sorry if there was some confusion. I totally agree with him, almost every dirt car track uses them.

Several times dirt car tracks were mentioned, Jamie -- My response to rainman was in regards to his questioning MO Predator Racer's quote "almost every dirt car track uses them"

I think it's pretty safe to assume that if street stock racers can afford raceceivers, then kart racers can't use the excuse of "added expense." Consider too that many kart racers currently pay entry fees and parking passes as high as purchasing a raceceiver to use and resell if they don't like it.
Most kart racers race because even street stock has gotten outrageous in price

I’m not a fan of raceceivers. My driver says half the time can’t hear anything they say. It doesn’t help with lineup in my opinion especially with kids. Best track we’ve ever run they had an EXPERIENCED track worker in 1&2 and another in 3&4. They along with the starter directed lap cars where to go. In terms of lineup if you weren’t in correct order they stopped you at start finish line then lined you up in turn one and green next time by instead of the endless caution laps waiting for everyone to get lined up correctly JMO

I said almost every big car track uses them and hasnt gotten rid of using them so obviously there is a reason they work. So if used the correct way they will benefit karting.

MO Predator Racer specifically said "almost every dirt car track uses them" in the reply that you quoted.
That's what I was referring to -- sorry if there was some confusion. I totally agree with him, almost every dirt car track uses them.
OK, I am talking about kart tracks, of course, not dirt. Sorry for the confusion too. Anyway karts and cars are very different animals. To start with most oval car drivers use spotters, right?

Back