Kids

TheLurker!

Just another example of kids paying for adults to race... $40 to win $300 but adult races are $50 to win $500. Not to mention you have to run a $30 or $40 warmup to even be in pro race as a kid. There’s no future in this sport if we don’t support it. I’ll probably get some lash about this post but it’s not just this race... it’s everywhere. Am I the only person that thinks this?

Attachments

• 54C279B3-D5E1-4380-B6DC-2111FCF1DB6E.png
    54C279B3-D5E1-4380-B6DC-2111FCF1DB6E.png
    639.2 KB · Views: 48
No $50 is 10% of 500 right? But $40 is a little over 13% of $300. I will admit after your post I re read the flyer and noticed some things I saw were not as bad as I initially perceived. I just have a problem with buying the same chassis and tires, buy the same prep, having to run +\- $1000 clone engines, same fuel in truck to haul to the track, same if not more safety equipment, same pit passes for all crew members and drivers... and all we are doing is bringing two kid to race for 300 dollars. Like I said even at local tracks we see adult money races for $500 on a Saturday night basis. Kids classes are usually 100% payback so we pay $120 to get in gate and register for races. Win all our races and get $200. That’s a great night of racing... HONESTLY! Didn’t break even with fuel prep and kart maintenance but we still feel like we won. This is what eats up people trying to get started. I don’t know the answers but I feel this sport has gone to the adults.

Gotcha, I understand what you are saying now! I agree I only have one kid that races and we pay all the same fees to get in but only get 2 races most of the time in 1 class, would definitely be nice to see some local tracks give something big once and awhile for the kids classes, definitely would be cool.

I titled this kids for a reason. The only ones who will read are those with kids... hope one day karting will be passed down to kids by those who can and the sport will accept them instead of running them and mom/dad’s wallets away.

I have a real problem with requiring the warm up race in order to race in the money race. It should be optional. My grandson just started racing this past fall and was only able to get in 4 races before our local track closed for winter, so he’s still new and learning. I think the warm up, or at some tracks the not “pro” race, should be for the newbies and optional for the kids that have lots of experience. Let the new kids get comfortable and learn the ins and outs and don’t make the experienced kids run that race unless they want to. I say unless they want to because some will, some won’t. Then there will be a couple of experienced kids that the new kids can learn from but not a whole crowd that the new kid will be “in the way” of.

No $50 is 10% of 500 right? But $40 is a little over 13% of $300. I will admit after your post I re read the flyer and noticed some things I saw were not as bad as I initially perceived. I just have a problem with buying the same chassis and tires, buy the same prep, having to run +\- $1000 clone engines, same fuel in truck to haul to the track, same if not more safety equipment, same pit passes for all crew members and drivers... and all we are doing is bringing two kid to race for 300 dollars. Like I said even at local tracks we see adult money races for $500 on a Saturday night basis. Kids classes are usually 100% payback so we pay $120 to get in gate and register for races. Win all our races and get $200. That’s a great night of racing... HONESTLY! Didn’t break even with fuel prep and kart maintenance but we still feel like we won. This is what eats up people trying to get started. I don’t know the answers but I feel this sport has gone to the adults.
Looking at it from a different veiw .
This is a big money race , not a regular saturday show .
What expenses does the promotor have ? Is he breaking even ?
Adults are the ones spending the money it only goes that the sponsors and owner is going to favor them .
Anyone could donate too make it more even .

never been to a big event.. I'm sure its got its costs to operate, especially if it's tech-ed properly.. As I see flyers like this I am always amazed they charge a $20 car load load (gate) fee. Everyone needs to make a dime someplace. In events like this, I'd like to see the depth of the pay back and amounts. being a bit of a numbers guy, it takes 14 entries ($75 each) to make just the $1000 winners payout.. not to mention 2nd though ?? place.

Welcome to racing, bring a pavement late model or modified to a race for 1500 bucks with 550 dollar tires or more and 6 dollar gas. Without sponsors it don't add up.

I titled this kids for a reason. The only ones who will read are those with kids... hope one day karting will be passed down to kids by those who can and the sport will accept them instead of running them and mom/dad’s wallets away.
If I could get a mom and dad to actually commit to racing a full season without missing more than 2 or 3 races, Id gladly run a second kart for a youngster. The problem I have with it is that Id have a kart specific to that kid, and if mom and dad decide to stop coming to races, then I'm stuck with a kart for a kid. By the time you get a youngster to a Jr2 Jr3 level, they are literal seasons behind their competition. I would love to field a kart for a kid, but it just seems hard to find willing parents.

Personally, there are a couple of youngsters in my church that I would love to get into a kart, but it just doesnt seem like its meant to be.

If I could get a mom and dad to actually commit to racing a full season without missing more than 2 or 3 races, Id gladly run a second kart for a youngster. The problem I have with it is that Id have a kart specific to that kid, and if mom and dad decide to stop coming to races, then I'm stuck with a kart for a kid. By the time you get a youngster to a Jr2 Jr3 level, they are literal seasons behind their competition. I would love to field a kart for a kid, but it just seems hard to find willing parents.

Personally, there are a couple of youngsters in my church that I would love to get into a kart, but it just doesnt seem like its meant to be.
Bless you sir... if only you were closer lol! I’m kinda stuck in racing. My 11 year old son has asphergers. He eats sleeps breaths and eats again when it comes to racing. I also have a 8 year old that races but really just wants to be at the track to play with his friends in between lol. The older is everything you could ask for in a committed jr racer as OCD is a part of his diagnosis. I never raced but have always worked on cars and had interest in the sport. They told us he would find things he enjoys and could possibly excel. So when he found racing we had to explore. After three full seasons he has amassed many wins and always been as competitive as mom and dads money would allow. Now we are faced with do we go broke to run with the big dogs, step back and be complacent, or quit all together and find something else more attainable. It’s hard to let your kids down. Sometimes it’s necessary to protect their future.

Bless you sir... if only you were closer lol! I’m kinda stuck in racing. My 11 year old son has asphergers. He eats sleeps breaths and eats again when it comes to racing. I also have a 8 year old that races but really just wants to be at the track to play with his friends in between lol. The older is everything you could ask for in a committed jr racer as OCD is a part of his diagnosis. I never raced but have always worked on cars and had interest in the sport. They told us he would find things he enjoys and could possibly excel. So when he found racing we had to explore. After three full seasons he has amassed many wins and always been as competitive as mom and dads money would allow. Now we are faced with do we go broke to run with the big dogs, step back and be complacent, or quit all together and find something else more attainable. It’s hard to let your kids down. Sometimes it’s necessary to protect their future.
That is certainly a tough spot to be. And as we all know, karts are the cheapest racing there is. It only gets worse from here.

To go chasing stuff up and down the road at the more competitive shows probably costs as much as what i'm about to suggest... He's old enough for a micro now. Go get him a restricted and race locally.

To go chasing stuff up and down the road at the more competitive shows probably costs as much as what i'm about to suggest... He's old enough for a micro now. Go get him a restricted and race locally.
This for sure. If I wasn't so large Id be racing a micro right now. A solid step up from you.

For our regular shows , Dirt Squirts and Red Plates race for free and get trophies for top 3 , Green plate is $5 and race for trophies , but have an end of year money race , everything else is money races , $20 entries , 100% payout , and $200 to win if more than 10 karts in a class . $10 gate fee with under 7 free . We have a money race for all classes except DS and Red at the end of the year . Our regular shows are on Sundays , with some Saturday night special shows with mowers and RWYB/Opens . We are adding Mini Wedges this year , with a money race that has yet to have the date set yet . Last year was rough on some tracks . Hopefully this year will be better .

Back