Kingpin Question

jdv12345

I am restoring an old GRT kart from 1996.....that was in the family, thus the work and not trash it. Kingpin is adjustable and bearings are in the chassis hanger. Not sure how to get the kingpin out....and install new bearing and where to find them. See pics attached. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• BRP4338.jpeg
    BRP4338.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 64
Coyote made dirt adjusters that look like the one in the first pic. I think they are still available from them. See if the old king pin is a slip fit through the threaded barrel in the bottom of the yoke, and if there is a pin to engage the king pin to the threaded barrel.

Thanks much everyone. I think they were jammed over time and need to replace bearings and threaded spindle brackets. I will look into SKE and QRC.

Buller was the same on the older aero karts, unscrew both parts and tap upward with a hammer as they will stick in the brgs.

Coyote made dirt adjusters that look like the one in the first pic. I think they are still available from them. See if the old king pin is a slip fit through the threaded barrel in the bottom of the yoke, and if there is a pin to engage the king pin to the threaded barrel.
Thanks for the tip. I've sent a note to Coyote to see if I can get a response. Not sure I totally follow you on pin other than cotter thru bottom threaded section of the kingpin. I'm going to double nut the bottom and see if I can get it to release. I think someone jammed it earlier and will have to deal with that. Hope bearings can be found. Again, appreciate it.

I am restoring an old GRT kart from 1996.....that was in the family, thus the work and not trash it. Kingpin is adjustable and bearings are in the chassis hanger. Not sure how to get the kingpin out....and install new bearing and where to find them. See pics attached. Any help appreciated.
We may have these still on the shelf here in the shop. Bearings will be 3/8" - I know we have those in stock. We used this style on our Vector DO chassis for years.

VectorDOSpindlesm.jpg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks to all above who responded. Close to having pieces that are needed for steering. Appreciate the help much.

Back