Klotz Super Techniplate

Been a blendzall green label and Burris Hi rev castor user, never used anything else because it works and don’t fix it if it ain’t broke. But I have a possibly very cold weekend coming up and I don’t want my castor falling out of the alcohol. I’ve mixed acetone in before to try and stop separation but still had no luck in the past. The forums elsewhere say super techniplate does a better job in cold temps of holding together. And the bottle says for alcohol use. Can anyone confirm this is a good choice for cold weather and in general for alky? I thought synthetics don’t blend with alcohol? Please don’t turn this into which oil is best, we have enough of those. LOL. All I want to know is, is it safe in alcohol, and does it suspend better in cold weather than straight castor. Thanks!

Last edited:
We’ve used it for some time. No issues with it dropping out so far. Our coldest race was 34 F - had a hard time getting heat in the motor.

I've used Klotz super techniplate (along with Klotz 4 cycle kart oil) year around for years now and love it! Never an issue with separation/gumming with alky or gas and smells like winning😉

I used Super Klots for many years in my McCullough's, 91, 101, open 91.

It's a different story in the Yamaha, I switched to caster. It really depends on how hot you run your engine. My driver used an EGT and could tune right to the very Max. Super Klotz would actually cook and stick the rings in the ring groove's. Of course that was with gas, I can't say what it would have done with alcohol. I've never run alcohol in a Yamaha, or any free air engine for that matter.

Last year it was probably mid 30’s. Same with the other races I ran. Indoor racing weather is brutal, just cold enough to make you want to pack up. LOL

I forgot until just now but last year draining tank and jugs I found a pretty good build up of green label at the bottom of everything. Which prompted me to ask if there’s something out there a little better.

I use Blendzall Ultra in cold weather and it doesn't separate. For years I ran Klotz Super Technoplate and added 4oz Blendzall green label ( yes 12oz per gallon) never had any problems and engines looked and ran great.

I use Blendzall Ultra in cold weather and it doesn't separate. For years I ran Klotz Super Technoplate and added 4oz Blendzall green label ( yes 12oz per gallon) never had any problems and engines looked and ran great.
Just for the sake of conversation, is there a limit where too oil much displaces the fuel and can cause a lean condition?

Awesome, thanks for the input guys. Do you still run acetone and marvel in it to keep it together and make starting a little easier?
If you use a gasoline and Marvel mix to flush your carb/motor out just pop your spark plug out and give a little shot of it before you go to the grid. The gas will pop off quite well when you're running alky in cold temps.

Blendzall is good stuff. Klotz is good as well......call them and they will give you the answer you need. Used Nitro Joes indoors (20-30 degrees) in the 80's with no issues on alky. Call Klotz.

Super techniplate has 20% green label castor in it. To run alky you do need to run at least 20% castor bc synthetic oil does not blend well with alky. Yes its a great oil for cold weather, an ounce or two of acetone wouldn't hurt.

I have never had sparation issues with Klotz Super Techniplate but I had them with Blendzall ( I had to add acetone). On the contrary I have stuck more engines with Klotz than with Blendzall (talking about alky, of course). On gas my favorite oil was Shell Racing M.

I used to use 2oz of Blenzall power booster #490 per gal and it always worked great! Never any seperation

Back