Krug/Goat

drt27

What is the difference in Krug and Goat? In what situations would you use the one and not the other? Thanks.

I have no idea what krug is but it is the scariest substance I have ever come across. I ordered it from Krug himself and ever since I broke the foil seal I have unleashed a demon upon this earth. that Stuff has stained plastic and the fumes did a number to a nitrile glove. It seems to seep out of the bottle and destroy anything near it. I am legit scared of it and think if I put it on a set of tires I would need to give them to the department of energy to be disposed of with old uranium.

IMG_6160.jpeg

I have no idea what krug is but it is the scariest substance I have ever come across. I ordered it from Krug himself and ever since I broke the foil seal I have unleashed a demon upon this earth. that Stuff has stained plastic and the fumes did a number to a nitrile glove. It seems to seep out of the bottle and destroy anything near it. I am legit scared of it and think if I put it on a set of tires I would need to give them to the department of energy to be disposed of with old uranium.
When you’re in a position to need Krug there is no replacement for it. Put it on with a paint brush. I like to thin it a little with Acrysol.

^ and you won't be re-using that set of tires again for a couple of weeks until they cure out and be fast again as a Krug tire.
Harsh preps do work, but they sure are hard on tires and wallet (by increasing your tire inventory.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

^ and you won't be re-using that set of tires again for a couple of weeks until they cure out and be fast again as a Krug tire.
Harsh preps do work, but they sure are hard on tires and wallet (by increasing your tire inventory.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Oh absolutely. Tires are never good for anything else

I don't know the make up .
If so some we used was 99.5% .
We was at a coke syrup race Cattaldi added half black/half krug . Wicked fast.

To me they're used in different situations, I don't use goat very often. Not because of the risk, just don't really like it. I don't use Krug very often, around here it's one of those preps that everyone says, "When it's working you have to have it, and nothing else will work as good." Well, the thing is most can't seem to tell you when that is. It's one of those times where someone says that's what they're on, then you either make the leap or don't.

To me Krug is used in very low bite situations, cool, wet/damp and or dry slick. It's especially good when the track is harder, but the temp is low and it's more dry slick. Tends to be a really good time to use it in my opinion. There have been a few times where I thought back and said to myself, "Maybe I should have used Krug." It's one of those preps that has a lot of mystery around it. But, I tend to agree when it works it's hard to beat. Whether it has goat in it, I don't know. When it's not the right prep to be on, it tends to get greasy fast.

Since a lot of preps contain goat especially for Burris, it's just one of those things that I don't tend to use a lot of straight. I have it, as most everyone does. IF I use it, generally it's to mix with something else for one reason or another. On Maxxis it tends to leave the tires greasy before they even hit the track. ( I know this is for Burris) On Burris yeah it's got it's uses, but I personally wouldn't use it straight unless that was the only way I knew to make them work, which isn't usually the case. So I might mix it with another prep for Burris to either enhance the effects of the goat in it. Or if that prep doesn't have goat and you want them to fire off. Goat straight just doesn't tend to last the whole race on Burris, and it's much rougher on the tires.

What is the difference in Krug and Goat? In what situations would you use the one and not the other? Thanks.
I won't claim to know exactly what's in Krug and out of respect for the manufacturer wouldn't state it if I did. Krug and Goat are utilized for similar situations, however. Most of the green preps are between 60% and 80% goat as a base and the very simple ones just have green transmission fluid added to make them green and add oil. Krug could be used on a tire after it becomes a goat tire to keep it ready to use again (weekly maintenance) but certainly is used trackside for a PRW on a wet track as well. You could do the same with goat but you would want to add an oil of some type to it yourself (transmission fluid, marvels mystery oil, etc) to keep the tire from drying out. I tend to use straight goat to soften the tire to needed duro and then for a PRW mix it with other preps as needed to match the track situation. Krug is already mixed and at times could be what's needed as-is while other times cutting/adding may be needed. The only way to get answers as to what works best for a given track (in the case of Krug and Goat - a wet track) is to try and learn yourself. There's no one answer or always right answer but experience will will get you on the right track quickly when Goat is needed.

Also you can get away with using Krug longer as track dries out, little bigger window, where goat once it dries out there's a much finer line where you gotta get off it, or results aren't good.

Back