KT 100 help

whytfnot

Does a can exhaust make a kt 100 quieter right now I only have a expansion chamber for back pressure for racing but want to ride around the back yard and its very loud thanks

Does a can exhaust make a kt 100 quieter right now I only have a expansion chamber for back pressure for racing but want to ride around the back yard and its very loud thanks
You will lose a bunch of power but it will definatly be quieter. Less power is probably better in the yard anyway.
Bill P.

Anything that’s not a pipe is a loss in HP. You could put a can exhaust on it, but I would recommend putting the smaller WB-55 carb on it as well. It should go without saying, but if you don’t have a lot of room to open it up and it’s going to be a lot of stop and go (clutch slipping until engagement), your clutch will not last all that long.

The can muffler is much louder than an expansion chamber. An airbox on the carb would quiet it down some. I hope your yard is very hard and flat or you won't get too far with a racing kart in a grass field.

First of all, what pipe is currently on your kart? If you have a small can, it can be quite loud. If it is a large can, it is about as quiet as a KT100 can get. The can exhaust has about the same sound as a chain saw but, a little louder. If your getting complaints about noise from your neighbors, you might want to refrain from using a 2-cycle. Maybe pull the 2-cycle and put on a Harbor Freight 4-cycle if your just puttering around. It would be much more user friendly & you would be less likely to burn up a clutch.

Back