KT100 bogging as it gets warm

I throw a few things out there. We always have a spare carb that is known. If I think there is any type of carb issue, new plug and the spare carb. That way I can be sure I’ve eliminated that possible cause.

Do you run and EGT and CHT ? By watching both temps and where / when the issue is occurring, you may be able to narrow things down a touch.

Sundog asked about the carb screen - check that as well. The OEM screens are a fine mesh and will clog easily.

ok clutch good- if it falls on it face at the end of the straight --sounds like fuel-high speed-- try opening the high speed needle to 1/2 - I always set the carb up for dirt oval 1 1/2 low and turn up the high speed needle then watch head temp keep below 400( 385 tops after a few laps race pace) EGT 1180 tops- most of the time your flat on the gas into the high speed-- pop off pressure will affect lean or rich

I throw a few things out there. We always have a spare carb that is known. If I think there is any type of carb issue, new plug and the spare carb. That way I can be sure I’ve eliminated that possible cause.

Do you run and EGT and CHT ? By watching both temps and where / when the issue is occurring, you may be able to narrow things down a touch.

Sundog asked about the carb screen - check that as well. The OEM screens are a fine mesh and will clog easily.
No EGT and I’m in the works of getting this carb rebuilt and doing up a second one for that exact reason. I’m hoping to get an EGT fitting set up for at least 2 of my headers as well as I’d like to know the temp it’s happening on the EGT to help to pin point the problem

Running the RLV G4 and 8 1/4 on the flex
Though I don't think that is your issue, the flex seems to be on the short side. That would make your engine run hotter.

1659543488083.png

Brian #89

That's a bit short for what I ran back in the day , but it's not gonna shut down at the end of the straight because of it. Could be ignition related , sounds like your hitting a kill switch or running out of fuel one, look closely at the wiring. When you check the carb just make sure you've got around 10 lbs pop off and a .045 arm height , a clean screen and unrestricted flow from the tank and it will be good to go.

Pull the header and look at the piston that should answer all your?'s My bet is your close to sticking it. You mentioned that it was a new rebuild I believe did or how did you break it in? keep digging later Chuck

Back