KT100 Burco Clutch

Ben Morrison

Hey everyone, I have a kt100 motor with a burco wet 4 plate clutch. I have built a dirt race track down the paddock and I am having trouble to get my clutch to lockup. The track I have is very very tight and small. I have been doing some testing down the road as my track is to wet atm and It takes forever for the clutch to fully lock up. I have tried changing the weights on the clutch which is making a difference but very minimal. I have also taken of the retainer ring which made a big difference, but almost worked at DD. My Nephew has a VA95 Motor with a clucth which allows the motor to gain some revs then just fully locks up. This is what I want to achieve. My Burco clutch gets to the end of the straight and its not even locked up. (Keep in mind the track is only 15 sec per lap)
image1 (6).jpeg
Should I change to a dry clutch? If so what would be the best one. This is no way COMPETITIVE I just want something easy and low maintainence.

Hey everyone, I have a kt100 motor with a burco wet 4 plate clutch. I have built a dirt race track down the paddock and I am having trouble to get my clutch to lockup. The track I have is very very tight and small. I have been doing some testing down the road as my track is to wet atm and It takes forever for the clutch to fully lock up. I have tried changing the weights on the clutch which is making a difference but very minimal. I have also taken of the retainer ring which made a big difference, but almost worked at DD. My Nephew has a VA95 Motor with a clucth which allows the motor to gain some revs then just fully locks up. This is what I want to achieve. My Burco clutch gets to the end of the straight and its not even locked up. (Keep in mind the track is only 15 sec per lap) View attachment 10509 Should I change to a dry clutch? If so what would be the best one. This is no way COMPETITIVE I just want something easy and low maintainence.
I ran Burkle clutches for a few years, I think I know what the problem is. On a KT100, depending on what exhaust you have, the clutch should engage at about 8300 with a 3 hole can, 9300 with a 4 hole can and about 10,300 with a pipe.

So, knowing that, tell me what gear you have on, both driver and driven, and we can narrow it down. Most people, on a track that small, use a Jack shaft. Do you know what that is? I'm guessing of course, but I think they're probably running overall a 9/1 to a 10/1 ratio.

Back