KT100 DXL clutch needed

Dan Brown

Hi everyone. My son and I race KT100's on an asphalt road course here in NY. The latest kart my son has been racing came with a Horstman DXL clutch on it. Thanks to Ted Hamilton I was able to get a pair of 10tooth drivers for it. Last weekend on the last lap the third bearing support came loose, hit the track, flew up and hammered the clutch cover pretty good. Jake won the race ( his first win ever!) but the clutch took a beating. He really liked how the clutch felt so I would like to repair it. Does anyone have any DXL parts or a whole clutch kicking around they will part with? His is a 4 spring 2 disc model. Thanks in advance.
Dan Brown

A whole clutch would be the best option for us I think. The cover got hit and it messed up the screw and threaded hole where the clutch is filled with oil and adjusted. It leaked out the oil and now smells burnt. The minimum I need is a cover and probably a rebuild kit. If you are willing to sell one or both of yours I would be interested. Are yours 4 spring or six spring models? Are they useable or do they need a rebuild? Do you have the wrench that holds them for installing/removing? Thanks .
Dan

I am new here so I want to make sure I don't break any rules so I will ask... Do you guys usually discuss price in public or is a private message more appropriate? Either way I am interested so let me know how much you would like for them. Shipping would be to 13316. Also, we run 219 chain. Are these #219 or #35 chain and how many teeth are on the drivers. Thanks again.
Dan

I have several clutches if you ever need any more parts. You can PM me with your needs. I am located in upstate NY. Strahl

Back