Kt100 lacking power

Misterbluee

Just installed a patriot 3 disc from comet kart sales. Engine doesn’t have all of its power. I used to have horstman dxl clutch so I know it not running like it used to. It will go but it takes a long time to get going. Also the starter nut fell off but if it’s too tight it won’t spin the clutch. Also does it need the pto spacer the third arm fits better without hitting the clutch without it. The clutch seems to get red hot while running that’s normal right ?

NONE of that is normal. Tightening the starter nut shouldn't bind up anything. The clutch will get hot, but not extremely so. You clearly have it installed wrong. I am no expert on these clutches, but I do know how they operate. Stop using it until you get it figured out. You'll likely damage the clutch or the crank.
Call Comet!!!

sounds like no free play { to thick of a washer } for the driver . did you get the same drive gear may be more teeth . when was the last time you ran the kart - maybe the carb.

Just installed a patriot 3 disc from comet kart sales. Engine doesn’t have all of its power. I used to have horstman dxl clutch so I know it not running like it used to. It will go but it takes a long time to get going. Also the starter nut fell off but if it’s too tight it won’t spin the clutch. Also does it need the pto spacer the third arm fits better without hitting the clutch without it. The clutch seems to get red hot while running that’s normal right ?
When u say 3rd arm are you meaning the 3rd bearing support ? If you have the flyweights of the clutch hitting the bearing support then u don't have the clutch bell all the way down on the crank end . Make sure ur woodruff key didn't fall out or possibly slid in it's slot while u were torquing the starter nut . Something is not seated right and stopping the clutch parts fitting down on the crank .

Back