Kt100 methanol

Mike-hawk... We have set-up a lot of Yamahas on methanol, and feel the following is essential to know before you make any choices. 1st... A std walbro carb does not have enough fuel pump capacity to supply enough methanol for a Yamaha. It can be modified like the Buller atomizer mentioned above, But they are intended for stock appearing applications, and as such do not meter fuel as well as some of the carbs with larger fuel pump capacity . If you are not limited to keeping it stock appearing, then a carb built specifically for methanol would work much better. 2nd.. I would strongly suggest that you DO NOT change the ignition timing. The Yamaha engine is IMO t advanced in std form already. 3rd... And the most important part. Run a recessed gap spark plug such as ND W31en W34en or autolite 2413 or 2414. Do not even think about running any other spark plug!!!! 4th. If you are using the std Yamaha ignition DO NOT not go any smaller on the cc than 10.6cc. 5th. Use a good grade of castor oil like Blendzall green label mixed at 16 to 1. 6th. Be sure to purge the engine by running 8 to 10 ounces of regular gas oil pre-mix through it when done racing for the day. As far as dialing it in, compared to your set-up with gas, Shorten the head pipe 1/4", engage the clutch 150 to 250 rpm's earlier and keep the CHT below 340 degrees. Run the engine as rich as possible and still be able to race it, then richen it a little bit more. Hope this helps.... Kermit Buller

Kermit, thanks, we run your Atomizers, they work great here in Fl., use with a NGK BR10EIX plug, and an old RS-2 pipe on a stock T.S., B.P. engine, sat on pole last Sat. at Daytona, finished #2, my 2007 Velocity was hooked up.

The fuel change and expense of going to Alky won't make up for the 30 extra pounds you will have to add to run stock appearing in a stock class.

I agree alky alone won't make up for 30 lbs extra weight, but the question is will the open port and head work along with alky make for a competitive advantage against a stocker, that's what I'd like to know. Making it weigh 390 will discourage some from trying them, that's a lot of weight for all but the biggest racers. Jon

My open Yamaha I had was a pretty bad motor. It was the last one that my dad built. I put a 125 pipe on it with Bullers atomizer carb. 55.5 mm piston. Port work to the hill. Always ran good except when I forgot to turn the piston around airhead moment. Good running engine. I weighed in at 410lbs carried me pretty good. I second the not advancing the timing and 10.6 cc head too

Frankie

I have a wb 20 walbro thats got three races on it almost brand new. Its got a lot larger bore than a wb3a and a dump tube in it. Runs real good on alky. . Would take 100$ for it . I have a highly modified kt and want to go to a Buller atomiser to get the full bang out of it. This carb has new diaphrams and neddle, will do all you need unless you go to a full blown open Kt. Mine has head work and runs 11.5-1 compression. Extensive port work and a 55mm piston. A atomiser will give me a little increase over the wb20 thats the only reason i would sell it. If interested pm me and we will discuss it.
where can I buy a new wb20 I have looked online I can’t seem to find it thank you for your time

Back