Kt100 port timing

giwprez

Ok all!! Finally got the LAD port height tool... Upon inspection of my kt100... I have found that my measure of intake is .760. Exhaust is right in range .... What, if any difference will it make to go to the limit? If I choose NOT to cut anymore off of the intake side, will I notice a significant amount of difference in performance vs one cut to the max allowable?

I also have the ar2592 spark plug... Quality?

Thanks in advance!

Spark plug -good
Port timing in range ? Should be at the legal limit .
.775 vs .760
That seems small but if you're this far into assembly and checking .
Thw two build sheets i have show .770 & .771
Both by Clausen Racing Engines .

Spark plug -good
Port timing in range ? Should be at the legal limit .
.775 vs .760
That seems small but if you're this far into assembly and checking .
Thw two build sheets i have show .770 & .771
Both by Clausen Racing Engines .
Thanks for your information! I just wasn't sure if the max allowable was universally accepted as the best setting... Things like bore size and blow down can be good or bad depending on the setting.... I will make sure to trim down that piston a bit more!

Thanks!

Just remember, every little bit counts & adds up! If you want to squeeze every last percentage of HP out of your KT, you have to be as close to the limit as you dare.

I remember having to keep the carbon cleaned from the top of the piston & combustion chamber to pass the CC tech.

Brian #89

Just remember, every little bit counts & adds up! If you want to squeeze every last percentage of HP out of your KT, you have to be as close to the limit as you dare.

I remember having to keep the carbon cleaned from the top of the piston & combustion chamber to pass the CC tech.

Brian #89
I took it out and trimmed it down to .771

I'm ready to run! Taking it to hunterstown next month... So we'll see!

Simply fyi .
20210822_100348.jpg

Did you feel around with the gauge to find your maximum measurement? Don't forget the .030" chamfer you're allowed on the piston skirt.

Back