KT100 RH vs’s LH rotation

Jbknows

So my friend has a enduro lay down and wants to sell me his KT 100 (fresh rebuilt) it’s a RH rotation but I would have to change it over to LH seeing my engine mounts on the left rear. I run a Horstman axle clutch.
Can someone tell me what all this will take? I have a spare engine that is like the one on the kart now that is a LH starter so I think I have the parts. Thanks in advance.

Why would you turn the barrel around? Come on Tony, just turn the bottom end around ,plug the pulse line in the rear and relocate the pulse line to the front. Change to a clockwise rotor and you're done. Better yet an extension shaft and that's it. I hope I don't have my left and right mixed up . lol later Chuck.

So my friend has a enduro lay down and wants to sell me his KT 100 (fresh rebuilt) it’s a RH rotation but I would have to change it over to LH seeing my engine mounts on the left rear. I run a Horstman axle clutch.
Can someone tell me what all this will take? I have a spare engine that is like the one on the kart now that is a LH starter so I think I have the parts. Thanks in advance.

Does your buddy use an extension shaft or drive from the PTO ?

Last edited:
Why would you turn the barrel around? Come on Tony, just turn the bottom end around ,plug the pulse line in the rear and relocate the pulse line to the front. Change to a clockwise rotor and you're done. Better yet an extension shaft and that's it. I hope I don't have my left and right mixed up . lol later Chuck.
So the pipe goes out the back . I been wrong before . ;)
The extension shaft would be the simplest .
As stated depends which side its currently driving off .

Kinda a shame to disassemble a new build .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-220125_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-220125_Chrome.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 78
I believe there are difference's in certain shafts on the ignition side .
Straight shaft and tapered shaft .
So that would be a consideration . If switching the flywheel and coil for clockwise rotation .

Last edited:
Change the flywheel . Plug and relocate the pulse line .
Rotate piston and jug 180*
You may need a special starter nut for the lefthand starter .

If the engine has a clock wise rotor(rotor on the right carb to the front) drill a hole in the rotor cover and put a extension shaft on the rotor and you're done. Probably the cheapest maybe not the best it will get it done for us old timers lol later Chuck.

Just turn the bottom😂 Thats the same as turning the barrel.

Think about it you turn the barrel around and the exhaust comes out the front like the first ones did later Chuck.

Ferrel ran a twin that way .
IKF Nationals
No need for left hand rotation .
One pipe went out front , a straight pipe .
regular pipe out the back if i remember right .
Addendum .
Now i kinda think it was freight train style .

Last edited:
Back