KT100 Tether cord wiring

Brent82

Built KT100 Mario themed Mega Moto for my son to dirt oval race. Bought an Amazon tether cord. One ground one male plug. I read to wire the ground to the TCI and the other to the two plug harness empty side. Not working. Not familiar w KT100 engines as I’m a 90s snowmobile enthusiast. Is it normally open or closed system? Does that matter? Can some help me out please?

Attachments

• IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6706.jpeg
    IMG_6706.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 23
If the deadman works correctly .
The ground point must be bad .
It shows continuity when pulled (the deadman )?

To make it shut off you have to ground the wire comming out of the TCI. OR break the connection from the TCI to the coil. So the wiring depends on what your deadman switch does. Does it break the connection or make the connection when pulled?

If the deadman works correctly .
The ground point must be bad .
It shows continuity when pulled (the deadman )?
Tested switch and ground. Working fine. Could it be the switch isn’t normally open or normally closed? I don’t know what it’s supposed to be.

To make it shut off you have to ground the wire comming out of the TCI. OR break the connection from the TCI to the coil. So the wiring depends on what your deadman switch does. Does it break the connection or make the connection when pulled?
It’s continuous connection til pulled then breaks open

If it has continuity when in its normally closed.
In that situation run the tci wire too one side then the other side too the twin bullet connector / coil side.

as you initally had it . or as in Post #3 .
Maybe move the ground point to the engine .
The switch is closed when Pulled , Correct ?

First thing i would do is take a chunk of wire. Add a bullet. connector too one end strip the other . Connect to double wire connector .
Start the engine .
Then touch the open end too ground .
If that doesn't stop the engine.
You need one that opens when pulled so as to break the tci connection.

It could be wired the other way. I don't like to add to the TCI wire but, you could unplug the TCI, and wire one side of the switch to the TCI & the other to the coil. Then, when you pull the tether, the connection is broken.

Normally open. The crummy switch was Amazon and junk from the start. When I bought a good one it did exactly what it was supposed to. Appreciate the help everyone and you filled in the gaps I was missing. Appreciate it

Back