kx 250 years

jake17j

Found a steal on a older kx 250 but wanted to ask before I pull the trigger about parts for it. It's an 86 just want to make sure it's not going to be to hard to find parts and make sure it's a decent platform for an outlaw. What year pipes and stuff would work on it?

Wiseco makes pistons for it, it is a 70mm bore x 64.9mm stroke. It would be good on short tracks, but the bigger tracks it might be at a disadvantage because of its older technology and the shorter stroke vs newer style 250's.jmo

The 89 is a different bore and stroke, off the top of my head I believe a 67.4mm bore and a 70mm stroke. The newer style 250cc engines are 66.4mm bore x 72mm stroke so a newer style cylinder would not cross over to the older engine. I would say if you running a UAS flat kart I would go with the 86 as it might be more user friendly in that situation. But with a champ with a big wing you should be able to use more power that the newer engines produce. Either will get you going if you are just starting out and will definently be fun, but don't expect to run up front on a big track.jmo

I have a 86 kx250 fresh rebuilt and I never have raced it nor put a single drop of oil in it. Has everything besides the pipe. I can send you pictures on it. Swill let go for pretty cheap as I have no racing stuff anymore an need a down payment on a house. My number is 402-520-0477

Thanks but my cheap and yours may be way off lol I have found the following recently and just try'n to decide to buy something to freshen or to try to save up ( I have a wife and 3 kids so that will never happen) to get something ready to roll. I have found an 86 and 89 kx's an 83 cr 250 and a 88 husky 250 all are complete and under $400. Right now we only have one other 250 that runs weekly so they throw him in with the opens so I'm just looking for something that's going to be a good platform to be reliable to put on my new chassis design and not break the bank to make that way.

Back