Kyle Larson fired by Ganassi racing.

What a thin skin, political correct world we live in. The man made a mistake, get over it.
I can only imagine the fun Larson is having racing back in sprint cars, especially with all the b.s. in nascar now.
Right? Stewart runs over a guy and kills him and catches less flack than a guy using a word.

Well, Larson finished 2nd last night at Williams Grove on the opening night of PA sprint car speedweek; I'd say he's having fun, as it's no disgrace to finish 2nd to Lance Dewease, no matter how much you want to win. :)

And he has 8 more chances at 5 more tracks coming up....

Right? Stewart runs over a guy and kills him and catches less flack than a guy using a word.
Not exactly but ok. If I remember correctly, Smoke was under investigation criminally for like 6 months, then in a civil suit for a few years. Ended up settling for some gawd awful amount of money not too long ago if my memory serves me well.

What a thin skin, political correct world we live in. The man made a mistake, get over it.
I can only imagine the fun Larson is having racing back in sprint cars, especially with all the b.s. in nascar now.
Ahhh Yes, The old 'Political Correctness' bull crap. For those of you that don't know the definition of Political Correct, it is: Trying to pick up a Dog Turd by only touching the clean sides. As for the mistake part, the jury is still out on that... Keep up the winning and having fun Kyle. You got out just in time.

An update on having fun: last night (Friday), Kyle won for the third time (also has 2 seconds, a third, a fourth and a sixth) in the nine race PA 410 Sprint Car Speed Week series. This was the biggest money race of the series, paying $15000, at Williams Grove. Barring a total disaster tonight (never outside the realm of possibility in 410 sprint car racing), he will be the series champion. If he does get picked up by someone and goes back to NASCAR, we're going to miss seeing him so much in a sprint car.

Sunday morning update: Kyle didn't just finish well, he won the 9th and final race of our Speed Week, so he is the Speed Week champion as well as contributing to a great show for the spectators at all 9 races.

Last edited:
The man can flat out drive an open wheel car.
When was the last time an outsider cam to PA and won with that consistency, (no, total dominance)?
He's won with the Allstars & Outlaws as well. Killed them in USAC midgets. Currently the hands down favorite for the Knoxville Nat'ls (if they were to have it this year.) I suspect there's more than a couple sanctioning bodies begging him to run with them full time....I don't know if he'll end up back in NAPCAR or not, but we'll certainly miss seeing him in open wheel cars if he does leave.
Ya know, Rico Abreu's performance in PA was spectactular enough for an outsider....he barely got mentioned with the performance that Larson laid down.

The man can flat out drive an open wheel car.
When was the last time an outsider cam to PA and won with that consistency, (no, total dominance)?
He's won with the Allstars & Outlaws as well. Killed them in USAC midgets. Currently the hands down favorite for the Knoxville Nat'ls (if they were to have it this year.) I suspect there's more than a couple sanctioning bodies begging him to run with them full time....I don't know if he'll end up back in NAPCAR or not, but we'll certainly miss seeing him in open wheel cars if he does leave.
Ya know, Rico Abreu's performance in PA was spectactular enough for an outsider....he barely got mentioned with the performance that Larson laid down.

Your right about Rico. Also kinda oddly quiet is the fact that Sweet just went on a bit of a tear and stole the weekend in Cedar Lake. If Owen isn't a WoO champ by 15 and a Nascar Champ by 22 he will be considered a bust at this point. The year that Sweet is having would normally be huge news. He has gone to triple digit points lead and I thought I read it is the shortest amount of races to do that. If that is true, compare that to S. Kinser and Donny in his prime with his team intact.

Rico ran well in Speed Week. I like it when he's racing in Central PA and the weather is cool; I wanted a racing hoodie that zipped up the front, instead of being a pullover, and Rico's trailer took care of me, which was doubly great, as I wanted a Rico shirt or hoodie anyway. Now whenever I walk by his pit in cool weather he waves and says "Hi". Really nice young guy and one heck of a racer.

Back