Kyle Larson Wins

Yea, Kyle's run in a USAC Silver Crown car at the Indy mile was pretty incredible as well.
He's beaten the best at just about every discipline in open wheel, and now with fenders. USAC, WoO, IRA, AllStars, Lucas, wing and non-wing sprints, midgets, silver crown, latemodels. Simply incredible in my (and many others') opinion)
The man can definitely wheel any kind of race car he sits in.
Hopefully the politically correct crowd DOESN'T take him back. He's fun to watch, and having fun doing what he's doing right now.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Yea, Kyle's run in a USAC Silver Crown car at the Indy mile was pretty incredible as well.
He's beaten the best at just about every discipline in open wheel, and now with fenders. USAC, WoO, IRA, AllStars, Lucas, wing and non-wing sprints, midgets, silver crown, latemodels. Simply incredible in my (and many others') opinion)
The man can definitely wheel any kind of race car he sits in.
Hopefully the politically correct crowd DOESN'T take him back. He's fun to watch, and having fun doing what he's doing right now.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson
Sadly the money will come calling and he will follow. He has been good for dirt racing in general and especially sprint cars. Think about all the buzz that surrounded him running the Indy Mile, and then he won it. The buzz of winning all but one race that the WoO had at Kville this year, Indiana midget week, Chili bowl, etc etc. Based on social media, people who dont like late models, were watching to see what Larson would do this weekend.

The only thing that concerns me, is that he will run out of a challenge on dirt. Guys like him push themselves to be the best, and once they are the best, they find something else to try. He was never this dominant in NAScrap and I think that probably challenged him.

I hope he never goes back to pavement, or rather, at least never back to nascar.

If he ends up at Stewart Haas he will be on dirt as much as he wants to.
Sadly, probably not. I'm sure Stewart would let him, but when the money is that big, you cant risk the guy. Its a shame, but even Stewart knows how easy it is to get hurt in a sprint car. Remember when he had to sit out 8 weeks because of a broken leg from a sprint car wreck? Also with corporate contracts, it can decimate a race team with legal issues if Larson cant race because of a side gig.

I'm a bit sad, selfishly; with him going back to NASCAR, we won't be seeing him race a sprint car here in South Central PA nearly as often as we did this year, if at all. Happy for him if that's what he wants.

I'm sure it's a good enough deal that he couldn't pass up.
He'll have a legit shot at winning races and a championship(s) with a solid team. AND; make enough money to live a lifestyle that most of us will never know, have enough play money to do whatever he wishes for short track racing, put together enough product endorsements and sponsors to fully fund whatever he wants to do after NASCAR.

I don't know if it's his driving ability, motivation, Silva, something in the car, or what, but there is no denying that what he did in open wheel racing is nothing short of incredible.

I haven't seen that level of dominance since Wolfgang/Pease 8D many many years ago. And Kyle won in several different types/classes of cars. Simply an incredible year!

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

I'm sure it's a good enough deal that he couldn't pass up.
He'll have a legit shot at winning races and a championship(s) with a solid team. AND; make enough money to live a lifestyle that most of us will never know, have enough play money to do whatever he wishes for short track racing, put together enough product endorsements and sponsors to fully fund whatever he wants to do after NASCAR.

I don't know if it's his driving ability, motivation, Silva, something in the car, or what, but there is no denying that what he did in open wheel racing is nothing short of incredible.

I haven't seen that level of dominance since Wolfgang/Pease 8D many many years ago. And Kyle won in several different types/classes of cars. Simply an incredible year!

Thanks,
Brian Carlson
I think there are a lot of die hard sprint car fans that would've been happy/upset if he broke Kinser's record with the outlaws next year. Its hard to carry momentum through the winter, but I think he could've done it. Listening to him talk with Dale Jr. it sounded like Silva doesn't really like to race all that much, so who knows what they would have done next year.

Like I said, I'm happy for him, and sad that I wont be able to see him win the Nationals next year.

I suspect fans will see him at plenty of sprint races in the coming years. I've got to believe Kyle's seen what Tony & Kasey have done (are doing) and my guess is that he's already looking forward to retirement from NASCAR.
As a racer, you never want to let go. He had a shot at NASCAR because that's where he wanted to be. He worked his way to get there, and things fell apart before he saw any real success there. Like any other racer, he has something to prove in that playground, even if it's only to himself.
He'll be back to open wheel racing -- it's in his blood.
There's nothing else like it, and he knows it first hand.

I suspect fans will see him at plenty of sprint races in the coming years. I've got to believe Kyle's seen what Tony & Kasey have done (are doing) and my guess is that he's already looking forward to retirement from NASCAR.
As a racer, you never want to let go. He had a shot at NASCAR because that's where he wanted to be. He worked his way to get there, and things fell apart before he saw any real success there. Like any other racer, he has something to prove in that playground, even if it's only to himself.
He'll be back to open wheel racing -- it's in his blood.
There's nothing else like it, and he knows it first hand.
Personally I think he is probably the closest thing to AJ Foyt in terms of talent to drive anything, that we have seen in a long time. Guys like Clauson showed they could drive anything open wheel, but few have shown the talent when you put the fenders on. I guess I'll have a reason to watch nascar next year, and will impatiently wait for him to go back full time dirt racing.

Back