L 206 carb, adjustments

brava 206

Hello all, I live and race is SW Louisiana where heat and humidity are a constant, float hight and needle clip are my biggest questions, my floats are at .866 or 23 mm,
my needle is set in the stock position, 1 notch down, my lafayette track is a short !/4 mile with 6 turns or sometimes 4, depending which layout.I run yhc type tires with 6 inch in the back brand new brava 206, set up at margay handling is the best Ive ever driven in 25 years in the sport, carb setup is what i need to learn, and stay within the rules.i want to experiment with the needle jet, what should i look for after i drop the clip down a notch or two?

I will probably get told how wrong I am, but a general rule of thumb I use and the dyno has backed me up most of the time, is at 96 ADR I want to be in the middle position. For every 2 points up or down, I move the clip one position. So, if ADR goes to 98, I will move the clip down one position to richen the mixture just a little bit.

I will probably get told how wrong I am, but a general rule of thumb I use and the dyno has backed me up most of the time, is at 96 ADR I want to be in the middle position. For every 2 points up or down, I move the clip one position. So, if ADR goes to 98, I will move the clip down one position to richen the mixture just a little bit.
What is 96 ADR ?

I would agree with JJ, for the most part.
I would start in the 2nd notch as well.
Pay close attention to your air density.
You can invest in a fairly inexpensive Kinsler A/D gauge, or a more high end Computech weather computer. We use both regularly (on the dyno and at the track.)

I would also recommend starting your floats out a bit higher as well - ~.880" or so.
We don't have data for your air bleed setting, etc...all that plays in together for the "correct" tune for your race day.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back