L 206 JR 1 WEIGHTS and slider info please

Elmer Patterson

Each track and club /association has there own set of rules per say with the multitude of classes in the 206 program what works well for you for years we have ran the IKF/WKA basic Jr 1 gas animal class at IKF weights and the IKF (aps gold restrictor )rules Were looking at the Jr 1 club 206 with green slider for this class please give your imput tks

We started the Cadet LO206 class (ages 7-11 )at PKRA last season using the green slide. After testing the gold slide with all racers involved with the class we changed to it for our summer season. Everyone is happy with the results. About .5 sec. per lap quicker than the green slide at our track. Our track has a very long straight.

We were using the green slide then just changed it out to the red. reason being is that the Jr 1 was faster than the Jr 2 in speed and lap times.

For Jr1 weight, I'd look at 265# and no more. If you need to slow them down more - do it with the slides, NOT with weight. Weight is killing the backs of the parents who continually lift these karts up and down all night.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I think ikf is 240 /250 /260 national weights part of the reason i ask on the sliders we have a few who want to use the ikf gold aps plate my thought is use the slider and everyone is the same ive found the aps gold ikf plate to be less than consistent on size and hole location this in my mind delutes the purpose of the 206 program

Boise idaho area ikf division 6 nw gold cup and the local snake river karters for everyones info the can am rotax series and the florida winter tour added the l206 package it appears the two cycle boys see the need for the entry level programs even on the asphalt

tr
Since you are in IKF territory I would try to coordinate with regional tracks.

true the 206 started this season in the region but everyone is trying to get on board while doing there own thing with the addition of the 206 in the Can Am rotax series there runing non ikf weights and BC canada which also runs in IKF division 6 as well as the rotax program its a bit of a mixed bag to many lone rangers i hear theres suppose to be a rule in the division there running the aps 312 gold (309 no go per ikf) dont know why our club wants to do it right per the 206 rules but well you know how it works in the end its the kids that get short changed

Back