L206 tech questions

ben

I've been ask to perform some tech at our local track. L206 is new to me. I know flatheads and animal tech procedure from back in between 1995 and 2012. I have the tech tools and added some to them. The first race going by the latest rules off the Briggs site I could have failed a few of the basic stuff. I have sent a email to Dan Roach and 2 to Briggs. No response. I would love to be able to run the questions by an unbiased tech person. We had the 3 main engine builders and a couple of others. One of the racers lent us a engine so I could do all the tech and if I had done this by the rules it failed also. We have a race coming up in a few weeks and I'd really like to know what I am talking about. Thanks

Good you're asking . That's a lot of engines not passing tech .
Especially with only the head and carb as the main points of manipulation .
Which area's were the sticking points ?

Good you're asking . That's a lot of engines not passing tech .
Especially with only the head and carb as the main points of manipulation .
Which area's were the sticking points ?
I don't want to start a uproar on here. I'd rather talk on the phone. To many from the track are probably reading this.

I don't want to start a uproar on here. I'd rather talk on the phone. To many from the track are probably reading this.
Give me a call here in the shop today, Ben.
We have tech courses available through Lewis Stout at some of the bigger trade shows that can help teach you the ins and outs of doing tech properly.
If there's ever anything I can help you with, please feel free to give me a shout either on here, facebook, email, or call the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Definitely call Brian. I had a very similar issue here at a local track. Was able to talk to Brian, understand the issue and get everyone fixed up by the next race.

Very transparent, very helpful, no agenda. 110% would recommend him on these types of issues every time.

Definitely call Brian. I had a very similar issue here at a local track. Was able to talk to Brian, understand the issue and get everyone fixed up by the next race.

Very transparent, very helpful, no agenda. 110% would recommend him on these types of issues every time.

I just sent a email and will call Brian later on. Want to give him time to digest my questions. That's my goal. Give everyone a heads up before the next race.

Give me a call here in the shop today, Ben.
We have tech courses available through Lewis Stout at some of the bigger trade shows that can help teach you the ins and outs of doing tech properly.
If there's ever anything I can help you with, please feel free to give me a shout either on here, facebook, email, or call the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thankyou very much for taking your time to answer my questions. Cleared them all up for me.

I've been ask to perform some tech at our local track. L206 is new to me. I know flatheads and animal tech procedure from back in between 1995 and 2012. I have the tech tools and added some to them. The first race going by the latest rules off the Briggs site I could have failed a few of the basic stuff. I have sent a email to Dan Roach and 2 to Briggs. No response. I would love to be able to run the questions by an unbiased tech person. We had the 3 main engine builders and a couple of others. One of the racers lent us a engine so I could do all the tech and if I had done this by the rules it failed also. We have a race coming up in a few weeks and I'd really like to know what I am talking about. Thanks
Dan did get back to me this week and also was very helpful sending answers to my questions. Interesting class and rules.

Back