L206 ?

krtrcn

OK , really if you were to buy a new in the box motor and put everything on it, what else would you really have to do.
I know that Jimbo and Carlson sell race ready motors. Briggs states you can take them out of the box put the add ons on and race.
please help

By the time Brian and the rest do the add-ons, I think they're only making $30 or so... They're adding chain guard, clutch, etc. etc. and it's worth it to me to have it all as one bundled package. You could easily pay more in shipping from multiple sources than they're making... Plus they see so many they're likely to notice something that looks unusual. But I'm also a fan of DIY, so nothing preventing you from assembling yourself. I'd check valve clearances, check pop-up, break-in, re-check clearances, re-do valves after 3 race bed-in, then race the heck out of it.

I haven't posted this in a while, but here's what comes with our Race-Ready LO206:

While others may offer a "cheaper" price, consider that they are not race-prepping their engines. Many believe that you can pull the Lo206 out of the box and race them. I suppose you could, but if you want to maximize the power, they really benefit from some tweaking. At the very least, they should have the floats set correctly and the valve lash set/tightened before attempting to run the engine. We could offer a "kit" and match others prices easily enough, (and we do occasionally,) but my primary focus is on offering a "race-ready" engine that you simply bolt on the chassis and run. (No assembly required - no hassles, no tuning, just reliable horsepower when you purchase our race-ready and race-tuned LO206 engine packages.) We also include many additional bolt-on items that others do not include in their price. While other LO206 retailers have taken more of the discount DIY'er kit engine approach, We've gone the race-tuned, bolt on and go, approach. I also offer lesser packages from engine right out of the box to any combination of parts you might or might not want. Our prices are very similar when you consider that.

Here's a list of exactly what comes with our race-ready package.

Our race-ready package is exactly that. It is bench tuned so that you can bolt it on the kart and go. $875 without clutch, and still around $1000 with any legal clutch (optional clutch upgrades are available - see below.) Shipping would likely be $20-$25 depending on if to a business or residential address. All shipping through FedEx with insurance and tracking.

LO206 bolt-on "race-ready" package includes:

recoil starter

fuel pump

fuel lines

fuel filter

fuel pump pulse line

billet aluminum fuel pump pulse fitting

breather fitting

custom Kwik Link throttle kit

throttle cable and throttle housing

Stock adult black slide tuned carb (restrictor slides and locking clamp additional)

chain guard

chain guard hardware

Green air filter

magnetic oil drain plug

header brace hardware tapped and installed

5506 candy cane header (optional 5507 outback header)

header sleeve or wrap

RLV muffler

billet aluminum or RLV steel t-bar muffler clamp

RLV copper exhaust gasket

header hardware and safety wire

Work that we do:
Intake is aligned, cylinder head is checked and retorqued, carb. floats are set for appropriate height and drop, needle height set, ignition timing checked and set, coil air gap set, valves adjusted, header wrapped, muffler attached, header brace boss on head tapped, spark plug marked, starter recoil rotated, even the air filter is pre-oiled!
Everything is completely assembled, bench tuned, and absolutely ready to bolt on your kart!
(For shipping purposes, the pipe will be removed from the engine.)

$875

Prices may change a bit, but we are trying hard to offer the very best race-ready package for the best price on the market. I guarantee that right now we offer the most complete and competitive LO206 package available at this price.

Optional clutch package (Noram GE series, Premier Stinger, Hilliard Fire, or Hilliard with Bully conversion) is available at add'l. cost.
Optional Tygon and oversized fuel line and fuel filter upgrade.

Optional "Race-Tuned" version is available for an additional $85 which covers all dyno time, fuel, & oil.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Alan, Our race-ready engines come just as you saw them at the show in Sevierville.
If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to call our shop.

Blessings,
Brian

By the time Brian and the rest do the add-ons, I think they're only making $30 or so... They're adding chain guard, clutch, etc. etc. and it's worth it to me to have it all as one bundled package. You could easily pay more in shipping from multiple sources than they're making... Plus they see so many they're likely to notice something that looks unusual. But I'm also a fan of DIY, so nothing preventing you from assembling yourself. I'd check valve clearances, check pop-up, break-in, re-check clearances, re-do valves after 3 race bed-in, then race the heck out of it.

Yep, What he said.
Unlike the clone, you can actually do it yourself if you like. Without having to own a machine shop.
But purchasing the whole package from one person, paying freight one time. does have it's advantage.
Or If you live closed to local builder, Just gas money and time to pick it up works also.

I got 2 from Brian a couple years ago.. Still strong, best money spent if your not wanting to mess with building you own... and if you want to move up in power down the road,.. for a few hundred bucks you can cut the cables and add a few parts and be on a full blown Animal..

Back