Lake Village (US 41)Roll Call! class question

intimidator7,

Super heavy is generally 400# with a 200# minimum driver requirement.
Being that you're boy is close at 180#, maybe they would make an exception to add him in that class.

I don't know if there will be enough entries @ 41 to have a heavy class also.
K3 had 1 class @ 350 or 360# I think. These guys wanting super heavy are bigger guys to begin with and would not want (or be competitive) at that weight - that's why they specified super heavy.
Contact the track (and these other drivers posting) and see what you all can work out.

Personally, I love the old flatheads -- they are plentiful and cheap right now as well.
I've got fresh flatheads from $500 & up. Freshen-ups are $200 +parts.
Maintenance and refresh cost on them is no worse than a clone, slightly more than an animal, and considerably more than the Lo206.
It's hard to beat the 206 for maintenance ($135 parts and labor) once a year.

Whatever engine package you decide to go with, we'd be glad to help you.

Absolutely -- you just can't remove the seals from the bottom end.

~$135 rebuild includes:
clean and flush short block
ultra-sonic clean head and carb
cut valve seats and refinish valves and seats
new valve springs
new head gasket
new inlet needle
new 3' fuel line
new fuel filter
new spark plug
Complete assembly (including set ign. timing, float height & drop set, align the intake, set valve lash, etc.)

If you want it dyno tuned, add $85 (fuel and oil included.)

Hard to beat this engine for durability and the price of rebuilds.
You'll have around twice that in freshening any other engine ran at kart tracks currently.

intimidator7,

Super heavy is generally 400# with a 200# minimum driver requirement.
Being that you're boy is close at 180#, maybe they would make an exception to add him in that class.

I don't know if there will be enough entries @ 41 to have a heavy class also.
K3 had 1 class @ 350 or 360# I think. These guys wanting super heavy are bigger guys to begin with and would not want (or be competitive) at that weight - that's why they specified super heavy.
Contact the track (and these other drivers posting) and see what you all can work out.

Personally, I love the old flatheads -- they are plentiful and cheap right now as well.
I've got fresh flatheads from $500 & up. Freshen-ups are $200 +parts.
Maintenance and refresh cost on them is no worse than a clone, slightly more than an animal, and considerably more than the Lo206.
It's hard to beat the 206 for maintenance ($135 parts and labor) once a year.

Whatever engine package you decide to go with, we'd be glad to help you.

thanks Brian, great info here. I too am a fan of the old flatheads. were still running a very tired flathead on the jr champ and it never lets me down ...knock on wood... im looking forward to more repsonses here to see where everyone is headed.. we will be in touch hopefully before the upcoming swap meets
Dana Garton

I'm here for anyone with questions about us 41. I'm looking for any input anyone has classes rules sponsorship just shoot me a message.
Thanks,
Ryan Lucas

I'll be running full season in the predator class, ryan. I might add more karts and drivers if you rent me out that garage space next to the scale entrance:)

Hello, I'm the manager of US41. I promote the track in many places. Bobs is one place where I do lack. My apologies, I'm not very familiar with this site yet. With just opening the track mid season of last year growing our kart count is our goal but we are up against many good competitive tracks in our area. We will continue to provide a track and facility for karters to come to and enjoy a night of racing. With that being said kart counts will grow when dedication is seen. Any questions you can feel free to contact me personally.
219-333-6383
Katie Lucas
(I do work midnights full time, so If I happen to miss a call I will reach back out to you at a appropriate time)

Back