lamberts vs track tac

I'm looking at two combinations for a med bite track tires punching 48-54 so my question is which do you feel would perform best red Lambert inside with blue outside or kryptonite and topaz on outside track is a clay dirt

thanks

Tire Prep is basically all the same with different names and colors and smells but aggressive is aggressive medium is medium, It's what guy's choose to learn how to use best that makes one out perform the other.

If you choose to go with Track Tac, I would use something other than topaz. The topaz is pretty aggressive and probably will not be able to keep a tire in the 50s for long. We normally use topaz as a trackside prep when the track is very wet. It works great for a wet track but is very aggressive. I would roll around 2 oz to 2 1/2 of kryptonite on the inside and wipe blue on the outside until you get the duro you want. After you get the duro you want, use blacksand or mint as your weekly conditioner to add bite.

I don't believe that statement because if prep is prep their wouldn't be 100,000 on the market no prep is the same may show similar smells and color but out come will be totally different between the two

Lambert chemicals cure faster then Track-Tac chemicals.

You can literally roll Lambert (Red) at the track if you feel you don't have enough internally and most of it will come through by race time.

Track Tac chemicals such as Kryptonite, takes up to 10 days for it to pass through the tire.

Both are = on the aggressive scale on what they drop duro. (4-5pts per ounce)

As far as external prep, Lambert Blue is my favorite. It may need to be cut back with Lambert Clear on certain days, or certain sets of tires that just take prep really well.

If you are going with Track Tac I would recommend 2.5 to 3oz like recommended above giving them at least 5 days to cure. The Topaz is too aggressive for what you are wanting to do with the tire, I would recommend GK1 Blue as an alternative. The GK1 Blue is more aggressive than Lambert Blue in regards to softening and bite. Lambert Blue is good stuff and it has been around for a long time for a reason, its just not something you can compare apples to apples with any of our chemicals.

I don't believe that statement because if prep is prep their wouldn't be 100,000 on the market no prep is the same may show similar smells and color but out come will be totally different between the two

So you really think there's 100,000 different Chemicals to mix that work for Tires, Your thinking is exactly what the ones selling it want everyone to have, The best way to get better results from prep is choose one brand and stick with it and Learn.

Is it possible to drop 10 pts. at the track? For insteance if a shower of rain passes at the track, you need a softer tire, right?

I would recommend having a soft set ready for that occassion. You can drop a set 10 points at the track. However, that set may not be desirable any longer for your normal track conditions. To drop 10 points quick, I would probably use a few rounds of track tac topaz with heat. It is agressive and dries pretty quick.

I use btgp at the track, just couldnt get the numbers down enough. Needed to be about 40 and i was at 50 - 53. So topaz works faster than btgp.

Lambert blue, is that for at the track use? Whats the (in your opinion) best inside prep, and weekly conditioner.

You could do a wipe or two during the week if needed, general rule of thumb I follow is try to stick with one prep like I use Lambert red inside blue outside. If your going to use track tac stick with track tacs inside and outside solutions. Hot lap 2 is always a good weekly conditioner also, or I cut my Lambert blue with hot lap and or acrysol

Thanks for the input, i have a friend who gives us his used tires, they have one or two races on them, he uses lambert red on the inside. So i need to be using lambert blue on the outside. Im going to buy some new maxxis blues & pink, so ill be back on here trying to figure out how to get them prepped right. Thank you.

You can use Track Tac products in conjunction with Lambert products. I personally have always liked the Lambert Blue and Red, they all have their time and place.

Back