Larry jones tire machine new

Heard Larry had a new tire machine that he demo at more jprw open house any truth to this or does someone have a video

He should also have it at the Charlotte Racers / Karting Trade Show & Auction in Concord NC on Dec 2nd & 3rd for all to see in person..

It did have the tire smoking from what I saw, that cant be a good thing in my opinion

It did have the tire smoking from what I saw, that cant be a good thing in my opinion

It was done on a EL tire, they found out if you just put in about 3 lbs. of air in and push hard it cuts better and smoother, per Mr. Larry and Kevin Bishop and the PRC gang that was there, you can spray water on it if you want to, yes the tire was warm but the outcome of the tire was awesome!!!

The only time I've seen it done was on a lath. Run it as slow as you want. Used some band type cutting blade in a fixture.

It was done on a EL tire, they found out if you just put in about 3 lbs. of air in and push hard it cuts better and smoother, per Mr. Larry and Kevin Bishop and the PRC gang that was there, you can spray water on it if you want to, yes the tire was warm but the outcome of the tire was awesome!!!

Not trying to say anything bad at all about Larry Jones or their machine, just didn't see a tire getting to the point that it is smoking as being a good thing. It looked great afterwards, my question is how will that tire perform?

Was that thing freed handed. It looked like it was following a template but, it looked like the speed at which the cutting was done was control by the individual.

I saw the video but was it a cutting bit or a sander of some sort kinda look like he was going pretty quick and I think I heard someone say ,cut tire in a few seconds????

Three passes on the EL's and that's all you need.

Pinks and Blues one past with hardly any pressure pushing on the tire, wish they showed that video, with no smoke

Not trying to say anything bad at all about Larry Jones or their machine, just didn't see a tire getting to the point that it is smoking as being a good thing. It looked great afterwards, my question is how will that tire perform?

Have you ever cut an El?
They will smoke some, maybe not to the extent shown on video, but they also cut better when they get hot.

Back