Larson

jaymancds

Larson led 200+ laps yesterday in the cup race, and still managed not to lead the important one. First though I had was this, he ran 50+ laps Wednesday in a Super Late model, played a golf tournament Thursday, and I believe he ran his sprint car Friday and Saturday. Basically my though was, he has already turned over 100 laps this week, played a bunch of golf, and that was before he got in the car Sunday. Makes me wonder if that is part of why he seemed to lose 8 seconds worth of speed in the last 100 laps of Dover. Just made me wonder.

I wish that was my week! Lol.
I don’t think that had any effect on him, that’s what he does. Most pro drivers are on a fairly strict diet and exercise regimen. I’m not saying he’s super human, but the “average Joe” can’t even think of doing all that. Not like the good ol’days when Dick Trickle had a cigarette lighter in the dash of his car so he could smoke during cautions.

To me it looks like he isn't saving enough for the win. Thinking further about this, He led all day long and never had to deal with the aero changes running in second would bring until it was too late.

Last edited:
I don't care where he finished, being around him the last few months racing the same tracks we got to hang out and just talk and laugh, no one brought up napcar either.
He is a great, down to earth man and hope he has great success the rest of his career

Met him a few times (during the pandemic) and he was awesome each time. My only complaint is that he would drive like he just lost his job at chip ganassi, every day. There seems to be a huge difference between the way he runs his sprint car this year, than last year. His wife seemed just as focused in the t shirt trailer lol. Hopefully they never lose their roots. Rick Hendrick i'm sure is going over the data

Met him a few times (during the pandemic) and he was awesome each time. My only complaint is that he would drive like he just lost his job at chip ganassi, every day. There seems to be a huge difference between the way he runs his sprint car this year, than last year. His wife seemed just as focused in the t shirt trailer lol. Hopefully they never lose their roots. Rick Hendrick i'm sure is going over the data
You mean he drove hard? I'm pretty sure he only junked 2 cars last year. One as Husset's, and maybe the grove or something like that. Driving hard is awesome. He had something to prove and probably had a season that will never be seen again.

I talked to him once, and he seemed like a really cool guy. His schedule tells me he just wants to race more than everybody else. It makes me wonder if he and Clauson were both on the idea of racing every single chance they had. Everyone idolizes guys like AJ Foyt, Stewart, etc that could jump in any car any where and be a threat. Larson I think has both of them beat. He may not have the Indy experience, but in terms of raw driving ability I think he has them both beat. To show up every single night for 80something races last year and win literally 50% of them is absolutely insane. Sure he didn't run with the outlaws much, but they should probably consider themselves lucky.

I'm really hoping Mr. H will let him run the Nationals this year. Nascar on Sunday is the indy road course so who knows, maybe he could be in K'ville on Saturday.

I just watched the race yesterday . He lost the lead on a pit sequence . With 90 some laps to go . And that was it . All the hendrick cars were fast . I mean 1234 . Just the way it shook out . Bowman likely tuned on the chassis a little each time , Larson in the lead may not have . Never seen any indication he wore the car or tires out .

His first big sponsor, Parker, picked him up at our old home track, as I understand it. He was an outstanding driver, and having met him there insubsequent years, seems genuinely nice guy...
Up until the last couple years (we changed tracks) his parents attended that event looking for development drivers.

A real breath of fresh air... the outlaw karts have had a fair amount of top talent .. he is one of several

Just like the greats in the days of yore...
They might run the Indy 500 and spank you at the local fair the next weekend.
My spell check doesn't like their names. AJ, Andy G, Parnelli. And the gang ... Tony Stewart could drive em all, but in my opinion, Kyle is one of the all time greats.. and he gas a long time ahead to solidify that

So much for the Nascar conspiracy fans crying about his car owner having something "secret" done to their cars. :) This man can flat drive any race car he sits in.
I firmly believe that Larson may be the best to ever do it. He Can and has won in every car he has ever driven. He has proved he is a solid road racer even if he doesnt have a win yet. If the schedules allowed, I firmly believe he could win the Cup, WoO, USAC midget championships and could probably be close in the late models all in the same year. He is unbelievable.

Only thing that irks me about Larson being back in NASCAR is that I don't get to see him run a sprint car here in Central PA as often as I did when NASCAR suspended him. :confused:

Just like the greats in the days of yore...
They might run the Indy 500 and spank you at the local fair the next weekend.
My spell check doesn't like their names. AJ, Andy G, Parnelli. And the gang ... Tony Stewart could drive em all, but in my opinion, Kyle is one of the all time greats.. and he gas a long time ahead to solidify that
I've always thought that Robbie Gordon was an underrated talent, lots of hard luck (although a good bit of it was of his own making), but a lot of natural ability.

Back