Lay down or Sprint.

JanGaLanG

I see that some of the bigger drivers are running the Sprint style seats instead of a laydown. Is there any advantage with one or the other?

If you are racing dirt or asphalt ovals even if you are big or heavy you better get a laydown seat. It will even be more important for a big guy since all that weight will raise the gravity center of the kart up which is terrible. O a sprint asphalt track with a European style chassis is a different story, though you still want the seat as close as possible to the ground within the rules under normal conditions. Rain or low grip changes this.

If you are racing dirt or asphalt ovals even if you are big or heavy you better get a laydown seat. It will even be more important for a big guy since all that weight will raise the gravity center of the kart up which is terrible. O a sprint asphalt track with a European style chassis is a different story, though you still want the seat as close as possible to the ground within the rules under normal conditions. Rain or low grip changes this.
We are racing dirt oval. We're looking around at laydown seats for him. Any suggestions on seats for a bigger guy? I have a chavous in large. l think it's pretty comfy but not sure how that compares with a bigger guy and seat.

We are racing dirt oval. We're looking around at laydown seats for him. Any suggestions on seats for a bigger guy? I have a chavous in large. l think it's pretty comfy but not sure how that compares with a bigger guy and seat.
If you are running dirt don't even think about a sprint seat, and make sure you set the seat as it should to scale the kart with the needed numbers. Check with your kart manufacturer for the best seat nd setup numbers for the class/weight you are gonna run.

Back