Laydown brake rotor guard...

Degaspeed14

Anybody want to post some shots of your rear brake rotor guard/shield...Im trying to get some ideas to fab one since my shoulder and neck are only going to be about an inch away šŸ˜¬

I don't know if this will help you at all, but back probably 50 years ago, John Hartman made front brake guards for his enduro karts out of an aluminum cooking pan. He simply cut a section of the pan out, and drilled some holes to mount it. Since pans and skillets come in a huge variety of sizes and depths, you might be able to find something that fits just the way you want?

PM

hartman.jpg

Iā€™ve used 0.125ā€ thick AL as the brake disk guard. For the belt driver, we use 0.060 - Fortunately, weā€™ve never had to test them šŸ˜.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help you at all, but back probably 50 years ago, John Hartman made front brake guards for his enduro karts out of an aluminum cooking pan. He simply cut a section of the pan out, and drilled some holes to mount it. Since pans and skillets come in a huge variety of sizes and depths, you might be able to find something that fits just the way you want?

PM

View attachment 16896
I have thought about swiping 1 of the wife's cake pans...šŸ¤£

Back