lct 208

jake17j

anybody have any info on lct clones? I got a 208 off a trash pump at work we no longer use and was wondering if any 196 internal or flywheels will work. Looking to build an S/a for a mini late model fun kart

Check with NR racing.com Russell has info on them. Someone approached me for a build and never followed through but NR had some good info on them.
Matt

good deal that's what I was hoping to hear started to tare it down last night and the crank is shot the pump was used to spray calcium so we are lucky it didn't fall off

Std Clone stroke with a + .080 Bore... Most all parts interchange

Watch the wrist pin on most 208 engine they are larger than a standard honda ( the work around is use the Predator flat top )
Watch the taper on crank ( might be different like Kohler /Loncin ).
Watch the cam some are not the same size and Honda will have too much clearance in a 208 block.

These are good engines. They use non hemi predator cams, clone rods, and clone heads/gaskets. I have seen some that will use a clone flywheel and some that had to have a non hemi flywheel. They have a 54mm stroke and 70mm bore. There is an .080+ stroke crank out there sold by a guy here in Ky named Terry Dunigan at D-Power racing, they are very nice cranks and use clone rods and flywheels, they cost just $85, which is cheap for a good stroker crank. That would give you the option to use a .020-.040+ rod to put the deck height and pop up wherever you want it and use head gasket thickness to get your clearance where you want it, if you are wanting to build a modified or open engine or build it up. One of those cranks, a .020+ rod, .275 or 308 cam with champion rockers, a well built big valve head and good 390 alky carb would make for a stout stock appearing engine, I have built a few myself

will the side cover fit on a clone? I'd like to use it since it has the oil fill on the top like an animal want to use that as a breather on that sa

Back