Leaf blower power!!!!!

Don K,

I can't tell if you're using sarcasm or not, but I saw a leaf blower feeding air to a Sudam on UAS-founder Mark Bergfelt's kart about 7 years ago. So I agree, it sounds like a UAS invention. :)

that car was banned in all of le mans racing the year after it debuted. it was called a "fan car." the twin 17in. fans created and enormous amount of negative air pressure under the car at slower speeds allowing the chapparrell 2j race care to take turns at a much higher speed than any of the other le mans cars of the times. enzo ferrari was one of the main contributors in helping get it banned from le mans racing and soon all fan cars were banned from any professional motorsports serious.

Last edited:
Well, to Mark's credit, if you don't swing the bat you don't hit the ball. I suppose it went the same direction as the dual right rear wheel and tire.

DK

He ran the dual right rear tire/leaf blower kart at Daytona in 2010

That's great. Nice to hear about left field innovation. Seems these days UAS is all about motor, motor and more motor. Anyone ever have success with Clements five wheel chassis?

DK

That's great. Nice to hear about left field innovation. Seems these days UAS is all about motor, motor and more motor. Anyone ever have success with Clements five wheel chassis?

DK
I struggled with the 5th wheel and never could win a UAS race with it but it was fun trying. There were times when it could be real fast but it was like balancing on a pin head. If Mike Clements came with it I probably would have done much better.

One Eye (Joe Torreyson) built his own chassis and ran dual right rears. We had fun chasing him. Ron is right, he won a lot of races with it.

Back