Left rear hub spacing change

jaymancds

So my last race of the season is coming in two weeks, and with temperatures falling I am having a bit of a harder time rotating the kart all the way through the corner, and especially on exit. It isnt horrible, but I dont think I want to change anything upfront yet, so that I can have a quick and easy adjustment at the track. I'm thinking of moving the left rear in about 1/8" to get it to rotate a little better. Is that the right direction, or should I move it out an 1/8"?

This past weekend I had to have wheel in it to the left all the way around the corners, around the 9:30 to 10:30 area if the wheel was a clock. The two ends of the track are slightly different in shape, thus the wheel input is a little different. I typically like it when I can turn it to the 10-11 to the left and then feed it back to the 1-2 on the right through the rest of the corner. What would you change to help it rotate better through the corner.

P.S. I havent scaled in weeks as I'm currently moving into my new shop, so I'm not really sure where the numbers are, but I haven't adjusted anything on the kart since the last race in august.

Back