Left rear hub.

ronbush915

I'm assuming it's the same on all chassis but I'm new to karting and no goats page says 2 different things. I know moving left rear hub in loosens coming off. I had a bad push coming in does moving left hub in free up coming in also. Thanks in advance. 2019 slack

I never move the LR hub, set the rear at 39" tread width and forget it.
A bad push going in could be a number of things, to much left/cross, to little nose, to much RF camber and the most common tires not being where they need to be.
Our 19' Pursuit is a fast piece when I get the tires perfect its even faster.

I never move the LR hub, set the rear at 39" tread width and forget it.
A bad push going in could be a number of things, to much left/cross, to little nose, to much RF camber and the most common tires not being where they need to be.
Our 19' Pursuit is a fast piece when I get the tires perfect its even faster.
When you measure rear track do you go from outside wear pattern on tires that's what I did last night. I had the wrong tires too my durometer reading was 45 most everyone I talked to was in low 30s hi 20s. I didn't have tires that soft with me. I put rear track to 39 last night. It was at 38 1/4 but I did it from out side of wear on both tires is this right. Thanks so much

When you measure rear track do you go from outside wear pattern on tires that's what I did last night. I had the wrong tires too my durometer reading was 45 most everyone I talked to was in low 30s hi 20s. I didn't have tires that soft with me. I put rear track to 39 last night. It was at 38 1/4 but I did it from out side of wear on both tires is this right. Thanks so much
Just set the LR same as RR with tire on 5/8" from inside of edge of wheel to frame and leave it alone, sounds like your push was tires, what are the rest of your numbers ?

I'm assuming it's the same on all chassis but I'm new to karting and no goats page says 2 different things. I know moving left rear hub in loosens coming off. I had a bad push coming in does moving left hub in free up coming in also. Thanks in advance. 2019 slack
With rear hub spacing other than just a minor tweak set it and let it alone, For info purpose for a push on entry you would move LR in, BUT for a push on exit you would move the LR out.

Just set the LR same as RR with tire on 5/8" from inside of edge of wheel to frame and leave it alone, sounds like your push was tires, what are the rest of your numbers ?
56.5 left 58.5 cross nose 46.5 caster 12 rf lf 9
Camber
Left 56.5 cross 58.5 nose 46.5 caster rf 12 lf 9
Camber lf +1 Rf -3. I think narrow rear track could be problem wish I checked b4 it was scaled it is 38.5 those numbers seem ok?

Just wondering, are all kart frames the same wid Ithin the rear? Is it more important to have the overall width at whatever, or more important to have the wheels spaced out from the frame the right amount? What about lining up the right front and right rear? I've heard that's important!

Camber

Camber lf +1 Rf -3. I think narrow rear track could be problem wish I checked b4 it was scaled it is 38.5 those numbers seem ok?
No, What class and weight are you running ? Where did you get those numbers ?

Just wondering, are all kart frames the same wid Ithin the rear? Is it more important to have the overall width at whatever, or more important to have the wheels spaced out from the frame the right amount? What about lining up the right front and right rear? I've heard that's important!
More Important to have spacing from frame the right amount, By RF & RR lining up If you mean running parallel, NO they don't have to and on a lot of karts the RF gets toed out.

Where are you racing at ? which tire ?
Vega yellows I know i didn't have soft enough track super heavy and most people she running hoosier d10 or burris 11 durometer of low 30s high 20s. I was at 46. I think that was some of the problem it was at Pittsfield low bank kind of tri oval. Run stateline too but haven't been there since those numbers are in. We are new at this and I'm sure thats some of the problem. I'm use to run big cars but trying to figure out these karts. Thanks Again Ron

Camber

Set the rear hub spacings first, rescale 58.5 % left, 47.2 % nose, 62 % cross, .5 LF pos camber, 2.65 RF neg camber, stock caster, If you have issues with that set up, look to your TIRES not for your wrenches.

Vega yellows I know i didn't have soft enough track super heavy and most people she running hoosier d10 or burris 11 durometer of low 30s high 20s. I was at 46. I think that was some of the problem it was at Pittsfield low bank kind of tri oval. Run stateline too but haven't been there since those numbers are in. We are new at this and I'm sure thats some of the problem. I'm use to run big cars but trying to figure out these karts. Thanks Again Ron
Tires were definitely your issue. We ran Pittsfield a few times this year, soft tire track. 46 would of been good at Stateline, as they sealed the track over and its rock hard, fast and smooth as a babys bottom now.
You get the Pursuit from Dawson ?
RP's numbers are good, we personally run less camber at both tracks though.

No
Tires were definitely your issue. We ran Pittsfield a few times this year, soft tire track. 46 would of been good at Stateline, as they sealed the track over and its rock hard, fast and smooth as a babys bottom now.
You get the Pursuit from Dawson ?
RP's numbers are good, we personally run less camber at both tracks though.
No but I know him. He will be setting up for me in the spring I'm pretty sure. It's hard hate to bug him with dumb questions. I used to race prostocks some stuff the same some different . I bought this kart for my daughter doing ok at stateline was out to lunch with Pittsfield. Kart was like a dump truck I screwed with hub to get to turn for feature raised right raised rear tire pressure I know it's a band aid. But trying to figure these things out Dawson actually told me how to get my tires right for Pittsfield and I wasn't doing right during the week. So I hope I'm better got them down to 29 30. We just bought this kart raced 5 times my daughter is still new I'm sure she is part of the problem is her.

Back