left rear

Just an added thought maybe ok maybe not.

It's pushing going in, maybe add a little more left rear to it?
You don't want to add turning power up front because it will eat momentum but if you get a little bit more rotation in the back you might retain a little bit of momentum. and ?????????????

It's pushing mid corner out, maybe add a little more turning power up front?
Because if you have enough power and grip in the back, use it by adding in turning grip to the fronts.
If you put a little bit more grip to the LR to maybe anchor it better coming off it's all's ok so long as while your still turning you don't put so much to the LR that it lets loose a little giving you that dreaded slight loose off the corner. The reason for the slight loose because you setup to use the LR more is mid corner off your "naturally" getting weight back to the LR setting up for the next turn and freeing it up on the straight and that little bit more made ya slip in the back just a little. and ???????

It's all about fixing problems by increasing grip and NEVER fix a problem by reducing grip unless it's a last resort. ... :) maybe?

... actually thunkin quickly on what I just thunked of and wrote it seems ok. and ???????????

This is fun.

For Entry you would move it in, For exit you would move it out, BUT provided your rear spacing is close before scaling most leave rear hub spacing alone and adjust elsewhere.
LOL, I went and looked back to the second post and I think I just made a case along with a reason for entry move it in and exit move it out.

If that's right that's very cool. at least it is thinking now bout it. ? ... :)

if the kart is a little tight going in, what way do I go
Just went back to the first post again and i'll have to think about this stuff somemore because I'm just now seeing he is probably asking about a push going in when he says it's a bit tight in.

... then there's always the ..................... Push in Loose off ... fix the driver. ... :)

my head hurts

Just went back to the first post again and i'll have to think about this stuff somemore because I'm just now seeing he is probably asking about a push going in when he says it's a bit tight in.

... then there's always the ..................... Push in Loose off ... fix the driver. ... :)

my head hurts
It's good we keep you thunking !!

It's good we keep you thunking !!

These days it's tough to believe in anything.
One thing I've believed in for many years is you can take any simple thing animal, mineral, vegetable or something a combination of one or more of them or even an element, study it and you will find out it's more complex then anything you could have imagined.
Then on top of what is so totally baffling and complex you a human being puts function to it and WA LA !

You have a racing machine with no known limit to it's use or your imagination.

And dummy me for almost 30 years now has been trying to find out how those darn 4 tires must be used to go fast. ... :)

I need corner entry, its tight going in
I'd consider increasing rear stagger first, if that's an option, then look at increasing LF positive camber, possibly even increasing LF caster (or taking away some caster split.)
There's a reason to do each, but if you're not running enough rear stagger, the others will just be band-aids.

I would add caster to the RF, caster is what gets you into
the turn. That may then require you to go back to your original
LR spacing and start all over with it. Keeping records is the best
way to keep up with your adjustments. After you do about 3things
with no records, you won't remember what you did.

I'd consider increasing rear stagger first, if that's an option, then look at increasing LF positive camber, possibly even increasing LF caster (or taking away some caster split.)
There's a reason to do each, but if you're not running enough rear stagger, the others will just be band-aids.
why don't these Jr sprints have front axles with plates and heims like karts so i can adjust all this crap?

why don't these Jr sprints have front axles with plates and heims like karts so i can adjust all this crap?
I hear you. It was meant to be a economy class for kids to get started when Kidwell introduced it was my thought. Limited adjustments were to make it "easier" for those involved to be competitive.
FWIW, the winged outlaw cage karts were limited when they were first introduced by QRC. We cut several front ends apart and adapted adjustable front end technology from karts on them early on and were very successful in doing so.
Interestingly enough, full size sprint cars are just getting into adjustable camber in the last couple of years. We've had adjustable caster via the radius rods on the front end, but even that was through a fixed axle with caster split welded in place.
More adjustability adds to expense in production and parts, but it sure is nice if you know what to do with it. :)

A narrower rear track requires less stagger to achieve the same turning radius opposed to a wide track. less Stagger = less scrub down the strait = more roll speed= faster lap times
I have a spreadsheet that calculates what you are talking about. I was kind of surprised at how little stagger changes with narrowing, or whitening, the rear tread width. Even with a 1 inch change in rear tread width, the calculated stagger changes very little. So little in fact, I think, with that amount of change, you don't even have to worry about changing the stagger

I have a spreadsheet that calculates what you are talking about. I was kind of surprised at how little stagger changes with narrowing, or whitening, the rear tread width. Even with a 1 inch change in rear tread width, the calculated stagger changes very little. So little in fact, I think, with that amount of change, you don't even have to worry about changing the stagger
Then maybe stagger has nothing to do with the change being discussed?

Back