Let's see your race trailers . . .

Did you you 4 lights(2 per side) off the back of the trailer or just 2? i almost think 2 on each side would be overkill.
It may be overkill indeed. Havent actually used them at a track yet and would almost gladly shorten them and use just 2 lights.

from seeing lizard lit specs and watching their videos you can see these brand boxes piled up. these lights look and match the specs. i'm pretty sure this is what they are using. Grab some 1' emt conduit from hardware store and some flag pole holders and you should have the same setup for way cheaper. I'm considering trying it out next season.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Integrated-Daylight-Warehouse-Workshop/dp/B07G2Q4VZN/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=35SLSWYAK7F1A&keywords=barrina+led+shop+light+40w+5000lm&qid=1637199392&sprefix=barrina+led+shop+light+40w,aps,230&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzQTkxMDNZMlhZRzBEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzc0NjgwMVRCTzJGUUJPQzRXQSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExMDAxMDI5MzlJVjIyMldLMUpKOSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Those are the generic ones I got.

20211201_161414.jpg

When we started kart racing we had 3 karts, no trailer, and an extended cab ladder rack on a standard cab pickup. 2 karts up top (one sticking out ahead of the truck windshield} and one in the bed covered with gas cans tools and tires and wheels. I can't say we didn't have more fun racing the old way.

Once of the best accessories on our trailer is a GPS Tracker. Ours is powered up fulltime via an additional onboard battery, wires ran internally inside the walls with the GPS unit hidden out of site. Has been a blessing for us whenever we leave the trailer out of our site and even when it is at home. I can get instant check-ins, follow the trailer when in motion and get instant texts and emails if there is any movement of the trailer. While we do have excellent insurance coverage on the trailer and contents, the GPS Tracker is one of the best additions for peace of mind and incase someone decides they need our trailer more than we do.

View attachment 17180
I heard about a race trailer being stolen with something crazy like 6-7 karts inside. That afternoon I was talking to a cop buddy of mine that turned me onto the new Apple Air Tags for $30 a piece and no subscription fees. Decided to pick up a few and hide one in my trailer, especially before Apple gets wise and seals them so the battery is not longer interchangeable and they add a subscription fee. Plus with a one year battery life, and only takes a watch battery which are cheap.

I even used one and attached it to my dogs collar, so if that little escape artist gets out, he is GPS tracked and I can locate him.

They just came out this year, so they are relatively new, and cheap insurance for sure.

AirTag2.jpg

AirTag-2.PNG

I heard about a race trailer being stolen with something crazy like 6-7 karts inside. That afternoon I was talking to a cop buddy of mine that turned me onto the new Apple Air Tags for $30 a piece and no subscription fees. Decided to pick up a few and hide one in my trailer, especially before Apple gets wise and seals them so the battery is not longer interchangeable and they add a subscription fee. Plus with a one year battery life, and only takes a watch battery which are cheap.

I even used one and attached it to my dogs collar, so if that little escape artist gets out, he is GPS tracked and I can locate him.

They just came out this year, so they are relatively new, and cheap insurance for sure.

View attachment 19094

View attachment 19095
Thanks for the tip, Vet. I now have one on the way from Amazon. 29 bucks.

Yeah as the story went, my buddy got a call from a victim who was parked in the driveway of the person who stole his stuff (not recommended btw). I guess the victim put an Air Tag on all his high dollar construction saws, which were stolen from a job sight night prior. Victim tracked them using the Air Tag (which uses the Find my iPhone software) which basically pings off every Apple enabled device in range to report its location. (Even better if the turd stealing your stuff has an iPhone on him) But any Apple enabled device (in range) will unknowingling transmit the Air Tags location.

Like I said previously, its cheap insurance. I ordered a 4 pack for $99.00 shipped to my door because I wanted extras. Because anyone who knows Apple knows they seal the dog crap out of all their devices so you're forced to go to them for service and/or replacement. And after these things catch on, I could see them adding a subscription fee and sealing the battery completely forcing the users to re-buy a new one every year. As the current model is, its totally serviceable and the batteries can be swapped out.

Kinda the same with the old (pre-subscription) My Laps transponders, that are currently worth 3 times more now than they were when they were new. Hence why I bought the multipack for $99.00 as they have only been out a few months and haven’t gained a ton of popularity yet as far as GPS stuff goes. But at least now I have several spares; if my trailer gets stolen, dogs eats my homework, whatever . . .

Peoples exhibit A: (The escape artist who now also has an Air Tag on his collar)

CHASE ID.JPG

Last edited:
My little 7×14 setup nothing special would like too see about getting a wall mounted kart stacker for it though I have tire racks mounted in it now just no pictures I have a air compressor under the front cabinet air plumbed too the rear through pex pipe and plug in out let's too the rear.
20210321_130641.jpg

Attachments

• 20210417_220819.jpg
    20210417_220819.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 92
I am going to run some air lines in the trailer we use. I have a new compressor and I am gonna bolt it down under the counter and run some lines to the back of the trailer. It will look sweet and you wont hear the air compressor much.

I am going to run some air lines in the trailer we use. I have a new compressor and I am gonna bolt it down under the counter and run some lines to the back of the trailer. It will look sweet and you wont hear the air compressor much.
That's exactly how mine is you never hardly hear the compressor and don't have a huge air reel or none of that at the back too hit your head on

Attachments

• 20210417_214918.jpg
    20210417_214918.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 70
Back