LF Brake Question

What is the best way to bias your LF brake? Bias valve or mechanical bias off the master cylinders? Recommendations on what to get for mechanical bias

If you are using a Hegar LF brake, it'll already be biased (70/30) I believe. I like mine that way. Another thing you can try, is to use a second master cylinder and a delay bar.
Just like everything else on a UAS car, customization is the fun part -- make it what you want, not cookie cutter, monkey see stuff, like you see all the stock class guys do.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

This is how ours is set up. Easy to use and you can easily adjust.

Attachments

• C6D4D4B3-0C65-4AFD-9A8D-93A26D528F16.jpeg
    C6D4D4B3-0C65-4AFD-9A8D-93A26D528F16.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 117
I use a needle proportioning valve and a single master similar to the one above. If I did it again I would use a second master and a delay bar as mentioned. Reason being, the restriction the valve provides on the pressure, also delays the return flow. So if you only want to run one master, a ball valve to turn it off or on would be sufficient. Unless for some reason you want to drag the left front after you let off the brake pedal? I also have the older version with the .750 piston in the caliper. The newer ones have a 1.00 I am pretty sure, for more braking power.

Back