liberty,Ky

strong08

I am going to try and race at liberty at the indoor races and I was wanting to know what kind of tire setup I would need. Last year I think they had a 33 tire rule. What is the preffered tire round or flat cuts. Do you need tires that are thin cut or full rubber. I will also be on a Triton if that makes any difference. what's is the preffered duromotor on the tires.

Liberty gets hard and fast, it gets good bite also, SS33A tire rule. You'll want several sets 52-60 duro range, prepped differently internal and externally. You'll also want both round and flat cut tires, but mostly flat cut thinner tires IMO. This is my hometown track, if you plan on racing there and being competitive, id suggest making sure you have new tires to be competitive, and start your internal work soon to be ready for the races.

I didn't get to race up there last year, I did race the year before and it dried out and had some bite in the features I even had a set of tires I just sanded and did okay on

I wouldn't suggest inside prep. You want your tires as hard as you can get them there. Definitely want something above 56. Probably about 60-65 and prep them down to the track.

There is a few different ways to go about prepping for Liberty. If you would like you're more than welcome to give me a call.

Chop Cutz
Venom Juice
Porkchop,
812-447-3306

I wouldn't suggest inside prep. You want your tires as hard as you can get them there. Definitely want something above 56. Probably about 60-65 and prep them down to the track.

You can have a hard tire that is internally prepped with Burris 33A's. Talk to some of the guys who won there last year if you are friends with any of them, i guarantee you they had at least something rolled in them. I know for a fact one of the $2000 Heavy winners did, and several others. I dont recall anyone winning on tires that were harder than 60-62 last year

What types of internal work would need to be done, usually burriss tires don't get inside prep

If you need help with tires or need tires for these events, get in touch with Josh Evans, Advance Kart Shop, Josh will get you going in the right direction and is a great guy to talk to.

I had tired punching 55. They went away and I couldn't make my way up through the field. I put on some about 63 and came from about 15th to 4th. I know hard tires work there.

I had tired punching 55. They went away and I couldn't make my way up through the field. I put on some about 63 and came from about 15th to 4th. I know hard tires work there.

I ran 4th in the Unilli Heavy $2000 to win, and 5th in Clone lite, i know what tires the track takes/took as well. I ran those with a blown headgasket and still didnt do too bad, especially considering it was my first indoor race. I suggested 52-60 as a starting point, you arent going to practice or qualify on a set of tires that are 60-65 and do very well, im sure you know that. Now for the features, id agree with you, but qualifying and practice are just as important at those races. I never got over 62 on durometer there.

Looking like it is going to be a open burriss tire, so would a ss44 work. Is the side walls stiffer than a ss33

It wont be open burris, Ed Hasty runs those races and all the races he has are SS33A only rule. But yes the sidewalls of a ss44 are stiffer than a ss33a

This was posted in the Frosty Wheels thread in track forums.....

ALL RACERS"
Ed made a mistake on the Tires and he apologizes for it. The Tire Rule is-BURRIS-ANY 33.
You Do have to run Muffler.
Thank you,
Vicky

Thats info that you'll find hard to come by lol. Not alot of guys are gonna give up that info, and will tell you something other than what they are running. I was on 15-62 to 15-65 last year, depending on how the track was. Didnt see anyone on 14 or 16 drivers

wouldn't thought that clutch would of been the way to go when I raced up there before ed lenghted the track the last time I was on a 13-59.

Back