Liberty setup and info 2015 Triton

Making the trip to Liberty for the first time on 9/12 for the NCDS race. I was hoping to find some numbers for my Triton. I have ridden it very little but have been fast every time out. Will be running Clone Medium and possibly Clone Light. Tire info is always welcome in PMs. lol Thanks!!

Nose: 46.5
Left: 58.5
Cross: 66.0

LF: Camber: +0.5 | Caster: 7 | Toe: 0
RF: Camber: -2.75 | Caster: 10 | Toe: 1/16" Out

Stagger: Front: 1-1/2" | Rear: 7/8"

Bring every tire you have. Run harder tires for qualifying, and tires that will bite/newer tires for the main because he waters the track between qualifying and mains. Since light is the first class, you will need a tire that will really bite!

Good luck,
James

I'm no set up man, but it seems to me you have an awful lot of weight on that LR tire with that set up. I don't know if that's good or bad but it seems to me you better have your stagger right.

I'm no set up man, but it seems to me you have an awful lot of weight on that LR tire with that set up. I don't know if that's good or bad but it seems to me you better have your stagger right.

Those are average numbers, very average for this kart. This is why we tell you that you need to actually go to a race, see that there is a difference in set ups from old to new, and flat to champ.

Those are average numbers, very average for this kart. This is why we tell you that you need to actually go to a race, see that there is a difference in set ups from old to new, and flat to champ.
Although I appreciate what you're saying, and I don't disagree with you, but still, there's a lot of weight on that left rear tire and I don't need any experience to see that.

Al, if you'll come to Liberty to see for yourself, I'll pay your way in. James@PRC is not just the sales guru at Phantom, he's a racer that competes at Liberty. Successfully. Theory only carries us so far, but experience prevails...

Thank you for the offer but I doubt that I'll be in that area.

It appears to me that James is everything you say, I have no problem with that, none whatsoever. My only concern is there is a lot of weight on that LR tire. You have to agree that if the stagger is not right there will be a lot of drag in the corners. And I don't care what kart you have, if you're going down the straight, it makes no difference, you're dragging one or the other rear tire and the more weight there is on the tire you're dragging, the slower you will be.

I've looked at a lot of setups and most of them have about 100 pounds, +/- 20 pounds, on the LR. This set up has 169 pounds on the LR. That's all I'm going by, if it's wrong, let me know.

Thank you for the offer but I doubt that I'll be in that area.

It appears to me that James is everything you say, I have no problem with that, none whatsoever. My only concern is there is a lot of weight on that LR tire. You have to agree that if the stagger is not right there will be a lot of drag in the corners. And I don't care what kart you have, if you're going down the straight, it makes no difference, you're dragging one or the other rear tire and the more weight there is on the tire you're dragging, the slower you will be.

I've looked at a lot of setups and most of them have about 100 pounds, +/- 20 pounds, on the LR. This set up has 169 pounds on the LR. That's all I'm going by, if it's wrong, let me know.

The set up I've provided wins at hundreds of tracks across the country. If it wins, that's all you need to know. Theories don't mean anything if they get outran every week.

Thanks James and everyone who chimed in. We made the trip this past weekend to the local points race. Still off on the tires a little bit but cant wait to go back. To me the level of competition at Liberty is crazy. My younger brother also raced and during the trip home he made the comment "those guys are WAY faster than what we are used to!" We hope it will only make us better.

Thanks James and everyone who chimed in. We made the trip this past weekend to the local points race. Still off on the tires a little bit but cant wait to go back. To me the level of competition at Liberty is crazy. My younger brother also raced and during the trip home he made the comment "those guys are WAY faster than what we are used to!" We hope it will only make us better.
Competition always makes you better.

Yes, you should be able to run the same exact set up in heavy, but I'd run a bit more left... probably 59.0 instead of 58.5.
Meant to add in previous post. This also kind of confirms what I felt like the kart needed during the race. My first thought was that it felt like it needed left. I was on 58. Tires were brand new scuffed in practice punching around 52

Ya know al does have a point.a point that ive always wondered.its like why even run rear stagger.why not just put same size tires on back let her rip.you would think the kart would never turn in.like the left rear would fight the rf to the point of bind.cross bound.im going put these exact numbers in my triton jr and see.

Back