Lighter is faster right?

When Thanksgiving Thunder rolls around, will all the winners be +40 on their weight?
And are all the "Top Dogs" nationwide always running +40?
Inquiring minds want/need to know.

Are all the "top dogs" featherweights? If not, why not?

The fact of the matter is WEIGHT MATTERS. 2 equal karts with 40 pounds difference will be about .2-.3 difference in speed. Its been tested time and time again.

The fact of the matter is WEIGHT MATTERS. 2 equal karts with 40 pounds difference will be about .2-.3 difference in speed. Its been tested time and time again.

I've wanted to post that "your tires will know the difference" since this thread began, and finally a tire guy puts a post up on the truth! lol Thanks Chris!

Pretty much what I've seen, not having raced but 1yr. We've had no problem out running +40lb karts. Happened in one heat race. Guy was +30 or so and we finished a straightaway ahead. He finished his heavy race, lightened up and beat us half a straight. (His wt. was not a guess. When we beat him in the heat, I asked the kid's dad what the deal was, since the kid is a serious front runner and he told me they were over weight to try another class.)

I go to bed every night praying all our competition is always +40lbs over minimum. :)

Back