Lightest Body Available

You can shave some off your kart by looking closely and critically at everything that doesn't absolutely
have to be there.
Drilled-thru bolts in non-critical places. A 2" bolt that only needs to be 1".
It's highly unlikely that anything can be done to knock off 30lbs.
5 may be within reach.
A carbon fiber body is going to be seriously expensive. Just the material is probably in the $200 range
before the layup is even started.
The only professionally made carbon fiber seat I've seen looked like it weighed as much as a
regular seat maybe more. It was a 1/4"+ thick. Way stiffer for sure but not radically lighter if
at all.

Lightest body = Take off the side panels. Run the nose and then only number plates on the nerfs. Been doing it for years on pavement to save weight (like my Avatar picture)
How much do you think that saves you weight wise. 5-10lbs?

How much do you think that saves you weight wise. 5-10lbs?

I'd say 5+ lbs depending on what body you started with. My only comparison is the sprint kart "CIK" style side pods. I can save almost 12 lbs when I switch from CIK to my lightest nerf bar set up.

Lightest body = Take off the side panels. Run the nose and then only number plates on the nerfs. Been doing it for years on pavement to save weight (like my Avatar picture)
Is that your Swift kart.. I do the same with my asphalt Swift kart.. Mine is Red like yours except black number plates on side. # 2.

Grab yourself some old t-shirts and some fiberglass resin... Lay some mold release over your existing body. Get to work on a cheap one layer body....

But with everything else.... If it isn't safety critical or explicitly disallowed in the rules.
Run less fuel.
Shave your tires. (LOL)
Drill and shorten bolts.
Replace with lighter weight hardware.
Remove rotating mass (you should be doing this anyway)
Find a lighter axle.
Lighter wheels.
Lighter spindles.
Lighter seat.
Custom fabbed aluminum engine mount
Custom fabbed aluminum exhaust shield.
Acid dip your chassis.
Carbon fiber body.
Personal training program?

Your options are limitless to remove weight. How much do you want to spend? How much time do you want to put into it...

Last edited:
Our AKS FA-10 body weighs in at 10.5 lbs We can build a lighter version for you, however you will lose some of the strength of the body due to some material changes.

Contact us at 717-979-2409

Back