limited clone

OutKast23

Ok my question is what are the rules for limited clones? i seen they mixed them with animal and flathead limiteds at batesville so i was curious as to the rules for them. thanks in advanced

I figured....i was told a very grey set of rules while at batesville by a few people. like stock stroke, no pop up, no lift rule, never heard anything bout rocker arms, nothing as far as head cutting, i assume porting is ok?

Our track rules are stock stroke, max bore size .030 over, 6.5 carb, no epoxy on outside of carb, no valve cover spacers, no block extensions...any clone/honda 200cc engine. Anything else goes...

Don't even mess with it. Your gonna find a lot of guys are putting it all down on fuel. Do yourself a favor and don't touch a tire program - focus on your fuel.

here are the rules we have been using,.030 over bore,stock stroke,stock length rod but may be after market..310 max lift at the valve.Stock diameter stainless valves,champion rockers allowed.porting is allowed but you can not touch the seats or the inlet of the port on the intake side or the outside exit portion of the exhaust side.any valve spring,any stock configuration head gasket.any tillotson hl series with .880 ventura.flat top Honda piston is allowed.billit flywheel,stock ignition.exhaust max length is 22 3/4.any fastener as long as stock diameter is maintained.sealer is allowed on head gasket,exhaust gasket and valve cover gasket.we used the animal rules to come up with most of these rules and have found them to be very competitive with animals and flatheads.we ran this combo at Batesville in the unlimited class and qualified 6th.we were running 4th when got knotted out going to the flag.i don't know how well the combo will last but right now it looks to be very durale as well.hope this helps

Ok my question is what are the rules for limited clones? i seen they mixed them with animal and flathead limiteds at batesville so i was curious as to the rules for them. thanks in advanced

Most tracks that allow the clones to mix in limited, mandate Wka Limited modified rules for the animal as the guide line for the clones .310 max lift stocks size valves and stock stroke porting is allowed and decking of head and block are allowed but no piston pop up. may run chrome molly push rods and I believe must be factory style steel rockers no rollers. Find a Wka tech manual and check limited animal rules to be for sure on all the rules.

I ran 2nd on friday night at Batesville this year in the limited feature with a 196cc clone, that I built to Wka Specs of the Animal. I qualified 8th out of 41 on Saturday in the unlimited class with the same motor and finished 10th after a few miss haps on track. I charge $900 for a race ready limited clone fully blueprinted. If you have any questions my number is 931-409-8514. We also work tires, and build Pro Clone Motors.

Heres the friday night limited race from Batesville 2013, I'm the blue number 28. http://youtu.be/atStqWUzdOc

Ralph Arnold
R.P.M. MotorSport's Owner/Engine builder
Manchester Speedway Owner

Back