Limited Mod Alky Oil

Good Catch Joe. I was thinking of a 206.
I have customers that had 206 motors with the original short block that were lucky if the oil got changes every 2 weeks.

If you are racing a mod with a fat carb on methanol it depends on how much methanol is getting in the oil or how much is going out the tail pipe.
Some really big HP motors that get a lot on fuel in the crankcase might need it changed even sooner than 30 laps. How big is the track, how many cautions, how lone it was idled during those cautions and so on.

The kind of oil you use is also a factor.

Idling is a killer I agree, short track 11 65 gears 8700 rpm range.

I like FHS , or the 4T, maybe the Lucas

Only way I'd run thor heavy is if I changed after each run probably, half the price change it 2x as often same $ but fresher oil more often....

My LO-206 on gas gets fresh Amsoil 4T every 3rd day of use. Last engine looked great after 3 seasons when I popped it open after the crappy paper crankcase gasket finally blew out after running 14 laps with a bent axle caused enough vibration to loosen crankcase bolts.

My Ltd Alky Flathead or my F200 Animal (gas or alky) gets fresh FHS 62R every heat cycle rather it's a 3 lap qualifying session or a 30 lap feature.

We run 8 lap heats and 15 lap features. I show up every race day with fresh 4T in it and run both heats on it and then drain hot for the feature. Always have fresh oil for the feature. Flathead geared 11/65 ish and it’s spinning well into the 8,000 range and looks like new inside every tear down. Amsoil 4T and good magnetic drain plugs are as close as you can come to engine insurance in my eyes. They both do their job perfectly!

Back