Limited Modified rules

jhucks03

I was just wondering if anyone had access to the rules that clones are going by in the Limited Modified classes. I know several tracks are mixing FH/AN/CL together and requiring Animal and Clone Limiteds to weigh the same. I was thinking this could be a way to grow the class locally. Thanks.

On the old forum I posted some rules that we came up with for limited mods and small opens
but that is gone now.I can repost if you would like.

we run clones and animals together.we use animal rules with the exception of bp head rules for the clone and a flat top Honda piston.porting is allowed but the openings of each port must remain stock. it was suprising how competitive the clones are.the big difference is the cost to build a clone is very low compared to the animals and the flathead.we are hoping to build the class up also,only time will tell.

Great set of clone limited and modified rules by USKRA. voted and approved by racers on kart tech
check out both on fb
kart tech group & uskra ( United states kart racing association.
Choices & options.....

Great set of clone limited and modified rules by USKRA. voted and approved by racers on kart tech
check out both on fb
kart tech group & uskra ( United states kart racing association.
Choices & options.....
Couldn't find them.

Modifiedman, it would be great if you could do that.

Also, dky48, what are the BP head rules like? Just trying to think of something for 2014.

bp head rules allow you to use stainless valves and champion rockers.also we can use any spring.no roller rockers.any nonadjustable pushrods.

on the old forum i posted some rules that we came up with for limited mods and small opens
but that is gone now.i can repost if you would like.

stock stroke only
small valve only
max lift cam 356
max bore .030
ratio rockers allowed
any spring and pockets cut is allowed
any rod
any piston
any head 14 18 22
no tall decking allowed
any carb on alky most run tillys
any clutch most run noram shoe
any header
no hot oil
no nitro
porting milling decking allowed
welding on block for support is allowed
billet flywheel only!!!! 3hp dia or stock size
any coil is allowed
off set keys or no key.

WE ALSO HAVE RULES FOR THE ANIMAL TOO
SAME DEAL ON ALL BUT NO RATIO ROCKERS ALLOWED.

ALL HAVE WON

wHY no ratio rockers allowed was because the animal valves are bigger then the clone

Modifiedman is the Predator included in this class?

No not at this time.all rules just for the ohv clone Honda animal and flat head
all in same class.

Flat head rule

max bore .140 over
any cam
any rod
any piston
any valve
milling porting decking allowed
any carb
any header must meet track or state rule
no hot oil
no nitro
stock stroke crankshaft only
any flywheel BUT billet only.
keep in mind that the ohv motors start out stock at 120 over way bigger
then a stock bore on a flat head.

were working with the gx160 and 200 crankshaft swap deal too.

John,

The Clone I run in this class finally let go Sunday during the feature. (last race of the season) 1 of the rod bolts (ARC Rod, new bolts last winter) broke and then so did everything else. I've got new breather ports top and bottom. 15 laps more and it would have come apart for the winter rebuild. (bummer!) That was the same motor I've been running for 4 years. Not bad for an $89 HF motor (+ speed parts).

-Tom

They need to run them all together that way I only need one type of motor not two or three

This is what we do and all have won.we let you run flat heads- clones-196 Honda gx 200's and Briggs ohv
animal and WF all in one class.their are some rules all engines need to follow but not bad at all

Read post #8;)

Modified man I like your rules but that is not a limited modified class it is in between limited and open. I just wanted to clarify to some of the guys reading this that may not know...

I like what you have going!!! you make a place for every motor to show up n run in 1 class as it should be... fords don't just race fords, they race chevy, dodge, Toyota, so on.... so why should clone only race clone??? +2 points for effort from me!!!

i like the rules that you posted modifiedman....just wondering....is there any differences in weight? we run a modified class and one "complaint" was that the flatheads and clones weren't on an equal footing with the animal, so they asked for a weight differential between the motors. as this is still a new class, i haven't seen the effects of different weights based on the motors yet...hopefully this next season we'll be able to solidify the issue....

what was recommended was 330 for the flatheads, 350 for clones/predators and 375 for the animal (combined kart and driver weights).

No all weight the same with this class min weight with driver 425.00
keep in mind these are a little bigger then a kart have full roll cage
and full dirt style stock car body.:cool:

Josh I should be getting a stack of new rule books in a week or 2.I think they cost a whopping 7 bucks this year,and I know of some updates for the stock appearings but im clueless on the limiteds

Back